cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Passport Manager

Gerro
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hi,
I have recently got a new tablet. I've tried to get the Talktalk Password Manager to work but I just get the following message. Any help will be appreciated

Screenshot 2024-01-21 190345.jpg

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Password Manager is still available as part of the main software. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Thanks Ady. It's a shame the app has been ended. It was convenient.  Thanks for your help.

Gerro

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi Gerro, apparently we've removed the password manager as an individual app its now included in the main software installation. If you've not got it then you should remove SuperSafe software and reinsall it. Ideally uninstall it using the Fsecure Removal tool.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Thanks for the information. I've asked our product manager and our account manager from Fsecure to see if they're aware that its no longer available. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Ady,

The email I got from Google Play Store is attached.

Gerro

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Ady,

The email I got from Google Play Store is attached.

Gerro

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 16

What did play store tell you? Are they saying the app isn't hosted there?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Ady,

I've tethered my new tablet to my mobile. Tried to down load Password Manager app. It does not show on Play Store so went through TT website link. This was OK in downloading the app but it did not open.

I have contacted Play Store and they finally sent me a message that might be news to you and TT. Perhaps the issue should be elevated to someone in TT who knows what this is all about.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Ady, Unfortunately, the tablet is wifi only.

I tried downloading the app to my wife's tablet and got the same result as I got on my new tablet. Same screen as shown below.

I think I may have discovered the issue:-

When I search for Talktalk Password Manager on Play Store it is not shown. I go to my TT account and use the link to the Play Store and the app is shown with the install button. When install is selected the same error screen appears as before. I therefore guess it may be a problem at Play Store. At the foot of the error screen it says Product not found.

So the link shown in my TT account is functioning but Play Store does not install the app. "Product Not Found"

Screenshot 2024-01-23 181250.jpg

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

If you have enough mobile data to test this you could turn off the eero and then retest with passport manager on the new tablet. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi Ady,

I've tried a download with all protection off. No success. I still suspect the Eero could be the problem. I don't fully understand it.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Ady, Thanks for keeping in touch re: this issue. The tablet is a Samsung A9, therefore Android. It does come with a pre-installed McAffee anti-virus. I have tried turning it off but had no success in installing Talktalk Password manager. I'll give it another go later today and let you know.
I have wondered if the Eero I have has anything to do with it?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

What's different about your new tablet? Is it Android/Apple? Does it have anti virus preinstalled?

Ady

0 Likes

Gerro
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Thanks Ady. I've tried many times. Works OK on my other devices.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi Gerro, have you tried removing and readding the software?

Ady

0 Likes