cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4K Box and USB not working

Bob1950
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Yes I have this same problem.

Purchased a 512GB USB stick. Formatted it to NTFS then inserted it in to the 4K TV slot and the box stated it had recognised the stick and did i want to initialise it. Selected the button and it seemed to start. After a minute or two I got a message stating the USB could not be initialised.

So I tried again and formatted the stick inserted into the 4K TV box USB slot. Same thing occurred.

I then tried to get help via the Chat Help Bot.

Round in circles until I got an agent. Then after 30 mins I was told it was not in their area but in Community Fibre who could do diagnostics.

What they could be to solve this problem by some diagnostics I just do not know. I was happy with the previous DM372 box . The only real problem was getting ITVx.

Is there a solution. Do you have to purchase a specific USB stick?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Did try both format types and neither worked.

The USB that didn't work.

512GB USB stick that didn't work512GB USB stick that didn't work

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

In which case worth trying exFAT, although no longer relevant in this case it seems. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

My Windows only allows NTFS and exFAT

0 Likes

Bob1950
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

So the 512GB I had tried didn't work.

So I purchased a 128GB SanDisk Ultra for £12 from Amazon.

Arrived and I open and inserted it directly into the 4K TV Box.

Initialised with no problem. Surprise!
Looks like that size would record at least 100 hours of TV.

I think that there should be some way to ensure that the USB Sticks being used meet a specific standard as not all sticks are the same in delivering the correct results!

So I recommend SanDisk to overcome this unexpected problem for those just about to get a new 4K TV Box.

Now if there was a way to organise the menu at the top of the page as the recordings icon is almost the last item on the left so there is a bit of scrolling to get to it..

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi

Some larger sticks can have issued so I would stick with a 256gb USB Stick from a reputable make, Sandisk etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

If the stick is from a reputable maker then it should work. Try formatting in Fat32.

0 Likes