cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4k box intermittent sound

chrishall57
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

My 4K box has started playing up today with the sound.

First noticed that there was no sound, volume bar would move up and down, mute could be turned on and off  but no sound.

Pulled the plug and restarted and te sound reappeared but the volume bar was at max and orange but remote wouldn't change the sound volume.

Rebooted from the Settings menu and the box restarted with the sound working properly, for about 30 minutes then the sound disappeared again.

Restarted an hour later and everything is back to normal.

Anyone know if this is a known issue or do I need a replacement 4k box?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

@TeresaM19 
Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Having the same problem.  Worked with Bluetooth speaker, but sound will not work at all.

Unplugged HDMI which worked for a short time, and now nothing.

Teresa Meakins
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi

Not heard of this before, if it happens again, check hdmi cable is also seated properly or try another if possible.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi, meant to say I'd done a factory reset from the settings. It did work but of course all my apps need logging in again.

It's working now so will see how it goes tomorrow.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Not heard of any issues, but a "hidden" reset of the box is to press the button on the side 5 times. 

Might be worth trying if it happens again, or as a final resort a factory reset from the settings.

Just to double check its not the remote try a change of batteries too.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes