cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV Box Maintenance Reset Has Not Resolved Problem

CHW_Cornwall
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

My TV box did not update to BST on Sunday. In the evening the picture started freezing. Since then I have tried restarting, resetting the software and now it is in the middle of a factory reset. It is stuck on 'waking up' and will not progress any further. 

I telephoned the support line this afternoon and all that has happened is a text message received this evening advising that a test on my line has been completed!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Excellent, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Thanks Karl for your advice.  I have ordered a new box today.

Message 3 of 8

Hi

the older youview boxes are no longer issued, so this box cannot be replaced.

We do have a new box, and you may be eligible for this, but will also need to have talktalk entertainment added to your package as this will cover the box rental.

If you are interested in one of the new TalkTalk 4K TV boxes, give our teams a call to discuss.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi CHW_Cornwall

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can send a replacement TV box.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Thanks to fr8ys and Michelle for your replies.

After numerous attempts and the box freezing after approx. 6 minutes on each occasion, I eventually managed to complete the setup.  However, it continues to become unresponsive after a period.  It appears I may have jumped the gun in trying to resolve the problem through the factory reset according to fr8ys, so presumably I should now try to obtain a replacement box?  Fortunately, it is not a recordable version. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Morning,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Unfortunately for you a factory reset was not required.

Updates were made available yesterday and again today to correct this issue.

I say unfortunately, as it appears the reset may have broken your box. 

If it is still stuck, turn the box off and leave for 15 to 30 minutes. Then try the maintenance reset again. 

It's probably coincidental the the BST and picture issue occurred at the same time.

If the box does not come back to life then you will need to contact customer services to see if you are eligible for a replacement. It may require you to recontract to get a new box 

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non recordable ones., So it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you.

Try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).