cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Al Jazeera moved and no longer working on YouView boxes

CJIOW
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

As the customer losses continue to mount at TalkTalk another piece of fake information has arisen with the move of Al Jazeera.

Previously on 235, TalkTalk YouView ran the news that Al Jazeera would be moving to 251 (English) and 252 (Arabic) and that boxes would need to be retuned.

The result however is that huge numbers of Huawei boxes can no longer play Al Jazeera and both 251 and 252 come up with nonsense messages about connecting to the internet when the box already is. Of course it took me 2 hours and 3 online chat sessions with agents that knew nothing about the problem or how to solve it.

The bottom line is that this is another hit for TalkTalk TV customers. As channels are progressively disabled on the majority of existsing settop boxes, customers are left with the choice of living with the loss without any compensation or recontracting with a new settop box without the much used record facility.

TalkTalk are trying to upsell the loss of record capability in the new boxes but for many the options to record anything they wish and play whenever they want was a key feature. It was heavily promoted and formed part of the customer contract.

I am sure there will be many unhappy customers trying to find a fix to what TalkTalk have created when no such fix is available. Frustration with customers and support staff will continue until TalkTalk come clean and simply tell customers that they have taken away the channel access from most boxes and removed the record facility that many treasure.

Sad isn't it.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

The move of AlJazeera channel was a freeview issue and beyond the control of TalkTalk.  I am unable to access any of the channels that have been specified directly here, from 2 Smart TV's, not using any set top box.  I've tested on both my Samsung TV and LG TV here.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes