cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Can I record from my new TV box?

furrybloke
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Had Fibre 900 installed on Thursday: this morning we received our new Talk Talk TV box. On the remote for our previous box there was a "record" button, but the remote for this one doesn't appear to include such a feature. The TV box has a slot for a USB stick, so I'm wondering whether there's a way of storing recordings on that.

Does anyone know how I can record with this new setup? 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi

TalkTalk o longer provide a recording TV box.   You cannot record via the new TV HUB.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Please explain further how you do this and whether it is easy to do. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Many thanks again.

I'll put the router in the bag provided and send it off later today. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi

If you have been sent a new router, you should return the old one via the returns bag.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Karl

Thanks for that. I'll keep the box in case we decide to set it up for recording, or for playing back stuff already recorded. If it fails, then so be it. 

Does the router need to be returned to Talk Talk?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi

you can keep the original TV box however these boxes are about 12 years old and reaching end of life, so the box may fail or breakdown in the near future.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Ok I understand. Karl should be able post back here first thing tomorrow to confirm this.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

Message 9 of 15

I'd rather keep the TV box if possible, Michelle, because we may one day want to access the recorded material we have on there. No problem with sending back the router. But yes, tomorrow is fine. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hello,

I believe this would be for the router, however I'll ask my colleague Karl to confirm if the TV box also needs to be returned or not. It will be tomorrow now before we can provide an update if that's ok?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi Michelle

Just one thing for now: the package containing our EERO router came with a returns label and bag for sending equipment back to TalkTalk. What exactly do they expect me to return? When I spoke to the customer services centre I asked them what I should do with my old TV box, and the gentleman suggested that I put it in my loft. The only other item of old equipment that I have is the Huawei router. Is it this router that I'm meant to send back? 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Good morning,

I can see that @fr8ys  has answered your question. Please let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thanks for that. If I'd seen your pinned post above, I wouldn't have needed to ask.

I do still have the old box but I'm not sure I can be bothered with more cables and plugs, so maybe for us recording has become a thing of the past.

If I find that inability to record leaves a huge hole in our lives, I'll revisit the situation.

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

The new TV hub is a streaming box only so no recording is possible.

If you still have your old box it can be set up in tandem so you can record on that and use the new box for the Apps that no longer work on the old box, like ITVX.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).