cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Full fibre and Sports package

PHughes
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

Hi

Anyone know when you should receive the activation email for talktalk tv now membership? I upgraded to full fibre with talktalk tv and the sports package with 11 sky channels.

Installation went ahead last Friday for full fibre. I contacted customer services by chat before installation and was advised the email would not be sent till after installation (when I signed up it gave the impression this would happen before installation). Contacted them the day after installation and was advised it needed 12-24hrs. The same the next day, the fourth time on chat was for 2hrs 40mins with four agents who just kept fobbing me off and one disappeared at the end of his shift and was replaced. The last one lied and said she was transferring me to the loyalty team for some reason and after waiting 30mins I gave up. I then had a 40min telephone call being transferred between three agents and it still did not get resolved.

I was even told I hadn't signed up to the sports channels - I inserted screenshots of my order and they either wouldn't or couldn't look at the order confirmation email plus my account has the button to activate membership which keeps returning an error. One told me I would need to pay more to get it, another told me to sign up for it again but couldn't answer if this would result in me being charged again. Every time they said  they could not re-send the activation email as I had not activated the membership = going round in circles!  

Also asked why they ask for a telelphone number when you contact them as you wont have one as a full fibre customer.

I wonder if it does need to wait till after 14 days for the cooling off period for the full fibre - but why not just say so but I am wondering if that is the best thing to do and cancel the whole order and leave.

Can honestly say the support has been non-existent.

Pat

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

Hi Pat,

Another quick update, with some other accounts affected, an incident was raised for this, and our development teams are looking into this issue as a priority.  This has been flagged to senior management and I'm checking the updates frequently to see when this is confirmed as resolved.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

Hi

I'm periodically checking up on this issue, and this is not resolved as yet.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

Hi

No updates as yet, I've got the internal Bug number they have raised, so I'll chase with the ops teams.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

Hi Karl

Thanks for looking into this and for finding the issue.

I take it I wont be billed for tv and sports channels as they aren't there to use?

Any update to when this will be resolved?

Regards,

Pat

0 Likes

Message 25 of 31

Hi Pat,

Just a quick follow up, I've raised this to our developers and they have told me, there is a bug, the order is getting stuck failing in a call to another application at the back end.  This bug is affecting some other orders also, so not just your account. 

Developers are working on a resolution, and when this is implemented, this will also resolve the issue for your account.

As yet, they have not given me a timeframe.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 26 of 31

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 27 of 31

Thanks Karl

0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Hi Pat,

There is an issue with your account. In a nutshell, there is a section of your account, where we select the option to send the Now TV activation email to you. When I choose this option, it throws up an error telling me that there is no email registered on your account, but I can see the email address correctly registered on your account, so the system is broken.

I've raised an internal ticket to our back office teams to look at your account and see what the issue is. As soon as they get back to me, I'll reply here, and try to send the activation email again.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

PHughes
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 29 of 31

Thanks Karl

That's it adds.

Pat

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 31

Hi

can you add your account number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your account and take a look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes