cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New box TV 4k Box

Polly1953
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I’m not really liking this new box I’ve been sent. However one of the problems I’ve encountered is that no matter how I try I cannot rewind a live programme, meaning if I’ve missed a bit I can’t go back to watch. This is really frustrating. Any advice ???

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

£5.00 per month, rental, instead of TV charge, @SEBSEB.

You may have to start a new contract. 

If you need further support, please click on start a topic on the message board to open your own thread.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

SEBSEB
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hello

Can anyone tell me if there is a charge for a new box? should one decide this is the only to receive ITVx

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

As fr8ys advises, the new box uses something called time shifting, meaning that if you hit pause and then unpause, this sets a point so that it can rewind the program.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

As said press pause, then play and watch the programme. You can the rewind.

It's a faff but the only way to rewind a programme you are watching 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi, thanks for replying. I already have a memory stick in, if I need to record. But sometimes I’m watching a programme and need to rewind a little bit as I’ve missed something and I can’t do it with this tv4k box. Must say it’s not a patch on the old box I had. I’ve been in touch with the help desk but they said they can’t help as the box is from a different manufacturer from my previous one 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

You need to have a usb stick inserted into the box to record.

You then, on each channel you start watching, pause the programme. Once paused the box records the channel you are watching. After a few seconds you select play and watch the programme. If you need to rewind you can then do so up to the pint you hut the pause button.

If you change channels you have to repeat the pause then play process.

Hope this helps

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes