cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New remote.

Talman
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi 

Just a quick question. I have the new 4K box which I actually like a lot (I was not sure I would 😊) the only slight issue I have is with the remote. I often have to press the pause / home  button 2 or three times before it works.

I am not sure if it is related but the remote does seem to rattle a lot, which does not seem normal. I have other remotes and they don't rattle at all. It has done this since I received it. 

Many thanks Dave. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Good morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Michelle

Message 2 of 9

Hi Karl

Just to let you know the new box arrived today!

The remote doesn't rattle😊😉 and works so much better!

Thank you once again for your help.

Best wishes Dave.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Karl

Thank you very much. 

Best wishes Dave. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi

Replacement on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 9

Hi Karl

Thanks again for your response. The seems a bit extreme, but if that is what you need to do I guess at least I won't have to worry that the remote will pack up completely. 

I will of course return the current box as soon as I receive the new one! Thank you so much for your help.

Best wishes Dave. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi

We do not have provision to send a remote as yet, as we have no individual stocks of remotes, so I would have to replace the whole unit, box and remote.  Would you like me to do this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi Karl

Thanks for your prompt response. I have the Netgem box.

That is what I thought! They seem to, or the ones I use do. I can switch channels okay, it just seems to be the home button and the pause that do not always work as they should.

Best wishes Dave. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi

Is this the Netgem box or the Android box ?

Remotes should not rattle, but sometimes a little excess plastic can be inside that may have broken off.  Do all other buttons work as they should ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes