cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV Hub Set Up

bhayward1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Just setting up my TV hub and get the message on the TV 'video format not supported'. The screen alternates between blank, this message and an actual picture plus an occasional loud 'click'. The TV is a Philips 42PFL8404H/12. The box I am replacing (an original TalkTalk Youview) works OK. Any thoughts, pse?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

It could be the type of splitter in use. I'm using the hub with a splitter I purchased recently for testing, so some might work and some might not.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi,

No - only the one. 

Have waited to check whether I have cleared the problem by watching a full evening (yesterday) and I have - no clicks/periodic blank screens or unsupported video format messages at all.

I re-examined the HDMI connection arrangements between the Hub and the TV. Previously with the YouView box the connection went via an HDMI splitter and all worked fine. When I replaced the YouView box with the Hub I had the problem so I thought I would use an HDMI cable direct from Hub to TV. Result - the problem went away! It must be the case that the Hub cannot handle an HDMI video connection via a splitter, so problem solved.

Rgds.

Brian
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

Do you have another TV in the house to test the Hub with ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

The TV is 1080i/p but the Hub has the problem as above - the old youview box works but the hub doesn't? Maybe a problem with the new hub?

Rgds.

Brian

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi

There should be no problem connecting to the HDMI port on the TV. - It is Full HD with a resolution of 1980 x 1080p

You would not be able to set the display to a higher resolution on the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Karl - ref my earlier mail it's a  Philips 42PFL8404H/12.

Brian

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi

This should not stop you using your TV Hub, what model TV are you using it with ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

bhayward1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Just noticed that the TV video formats supported are 1080i, 1080p, - is this the issue ie I cannot use the Hub?

0 Likes