cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV Hub channels discovered too low

AlanS007
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Recently TV Hub installed showing 163 channels via Settings, when eg Freeview 105 (Channel 5) missing;  but retune(s) brought the 163 down to 112, then 86, then 148 number of channels.  Channels missing include 103 (ITV). 

I spoke on this yesterday 28th Dec by phone with someone in TalkTalk Technical via TalkTalk Billing.  After I confirmed aerial connections ok, he suggested that I switch off the TV Hub by/and disconnect from its power supply socket (and re-connect). 

Outcome from that via retune is that the number of channels is down to 106!  No channels below number 12.  Channels missing include 231 (BBC News channel).  At least there is now channels 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 included.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4
Thanks very much to Keith F for the advice of 29th Dec which is interesting.  Although our incidence of 'no signal' message for some listed / discovered channels hasn't recently recurred, I've looked at Restore TV content.  And there is a mobile phones visible mast in fairly close proximity; and another farther down off the road (hidden within a farm's tall silo). 

Karl of TalkTalk Support Team 2nd Jan advice also appreciated, which I might try if/when 'no signal' recurs - "Connect the aerial direct to your TV, bypassing the TalkTalk box, and retune and see what the quality of those channels is".

Meanwhile on availability of TV channels via the TV Hub  - and I'm not sure whether related to above occasional 'no signal' / interference situation -  by early evening Fri 29/12/2023 the number of TY Hub available channels via aerial had risen from previous 106 total to much better 159.  Channels especially Freeview ones (listed in tabloid's magazine) still missing from the TV Hub then only:  6 (ITV2), 10 (ITV3), 26 (ITV4), 18 (MORE4), 14 (FILM4), 28 (ITVBE), 13 (E4). 

But by or before 2nd Jan, down to 148 - with missing ones incl'g 103 (ITV).   And by pm Wed 3rd Jan, now up to 159 channels again (incl'g 103), without retuning.  
On checking Sun evening 7th Jan, still at 159 channels  - but unfortunately did a retune, which brought the channels down to 148!  A further retune made it still at 148 channels.   Perhaps it may go back up to 159 again without retuning?  

Regards,
Alan
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Alan

Connect the aerial direct to your TV, bypassing the TalkTalk box, and retune and see what the quality of those channels is.

With the recent bad weather / storms across the country, this is causing issues with some channels / transmitters is several regions.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I know that you say that your aerial is OK, but how did you check this? This is the single most likely cause of the problem. With all of the storms of recent up & down the country, is your aerial oriented correctly still? The co-ax cable from it may be suffering from its age, or you could be getting interference on your TV signal from the 4 or 5G mobile networks from a nearby cellular mast.

Have a look at Restore TV:-

https://restoretv.uk/diagnose-your-problem/ 

If they think the problem is caused by the newer mobile phone masts, they will send you a filter unit FOC.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes