cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4k box overheating

PStalk
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi

My youview box is very very hot and sound started going up and down but now the picture and sound are freezing .

IMG_6293.jpeg

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

Glad the new box has resolved things for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Michelle,

I installed the new 4k box yesterday and it is working 👍.

I have packaged up the old equipment and will return it as soon as the weather improves.

thank you again.

Pam

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Pam,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Pam,

We'll check back in with you early next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Thank you Karl.

Best wishes for 2024.

Kind regards

Pam

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Pam,

I'll get the box swapped out for you, a replacement is on the way.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Karl,

I am still experiencing problems with my 4k box and now it’s the handset, - which is not working apart from switching on the 4k box.

i have tried everything…  resetting the router, unplugging everything and resetting the channels (almost every day) the box has been reset to factory settings a few times and tgst is not helping either, other than it hasn’t enabled me to change the volume controls using my Toshiba TV handset.

i don’t know what else I can try.   I have also tried to pair the 4k  handset but I don’t get a blue light and non of the keys seem to be working apart from the on/off key.

Can you please help?

Pam

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi

OK, remember, you can clear the stored channel data by a retune with no aerial connected, then a retune with the aerial connected and see if the channels are showing ok.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

PStalk
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

Hi Karl,

it has happened again, picture and sound distortion.   I have reset the tv and 4k box but I have lost channels, including itv, channels 4 & 5 and lots more.

Before I did the retune I checked that the Durris transmitter (for my area) was working and it said that there were no reported issues.   There is a wind weather warning for tomorrow but not for today.   

I will continue to monitor and will try resetting the channels again.

Thank you again for your help.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi

OK, monitor, and if this continues we can swap out the box.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi Karl,

I had checked the aerial before I messaged and the tv was fine.  We had good weather so I don’t think that was the issue.

When I switched on the tv today it is working.  There are no picture quality issues and the sound is not going up and down.   I will wait and see if the issues re-occur when the 4k box gets hot.

Thank you for your response.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi

The new box does get hot, but check the picture breakup is not due to weather affecting freeview signals.  If you connect the aerial direct to the TV, do the same channels suffer any breakup ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes