cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV box sound but no picture

Ragsab
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

HI 

I have just renewed  my contract this afternoon - Fibre 65.   I previously was on Fibre 65 but am being sent a new box as I have an old box.    

Put the TV on this evening and I have sound but saying no signal.   I have taken the ariel out of the TV  box and put in the back of the TV and its working fine.    So must be a problem with the TV box.

I have never had any problems before.  So would my Tv box now not be working properly due to me being sent a new box?    

Seems odd that I have renewed my contract today and now my TV box not working.   I would have thought that my service wouldn't be interrupted as I am staying on the same plan?

Any advise would be fab.

🙂

Ragsab
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Sorry I misread it but pleased it's now working.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 2 of 7

Thanks for your advice.   

I have pulled out every cable from TV/TV Box/Router and plugged back in and hey presto my picture has reappeared.

TV box back up and running.

🙂

Ragsab

Message 3 of 7

OK thank you.    Hopefully my new box will work!

🙂

Ragsab

Message 4 of 7

Hi thanks but the sound is working just fine

I have no picture.   

Ragsab
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Its a coincidence. TalkTalk have no means of disabling a box.

Check the HDMI cable is properly seated at both ends and that the box and the TV are not on mute. I assume you have tried the volume control on both the box and the TV.

In sound under the box settings, try changing this to surround sound, which will set the box volume to 100%. If that does not work, try a soft reset of the box by holding the on button on the front until the box restarts.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

The new boxes come with a monthly rental charge rather than the previous TV charge, @Ragsab, so, there's just a chance that, as your contract changed, something could be going on in that regard.

If it's anything technical, I am sure others will advise. 

Staff won't actually be back on here before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.