cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV not activating

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 41 of 41

I signed up to Fibre 900 which went live on 25th Sept. I also added tv and Now TV entertainment.

I've been unable to activate Now and the TV add on shows as inactive on my account. 

Numerous attempts have been made to rectify this but still nothing. 

I've Sept a combined total of 6 hours on the chat service and nobody is able to help. I'm hoping someone here can please? 

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 21 of 41

Hi

I'm showing the package active on our systems now, just waiting for our Vendor to confirm if they have added the packages to the back end to get the boost working.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 41

Although it looks like it's all synced up on the Talk Talk side, I still don't have the Boost showing on the Now side. 

Will this just take a little more time for it to be actioned? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 41

Hi

Yep, when it all syncs up, the NOW TV packages will then show as active on our side.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 24 of 41

Great, thanks for the update Karl. 

I can see the Now TV stuff in my account and the Entertainment pack appears as an active add on.

Still no boost in Now but hopefully your US vendor will sort that fairly swiftly. 

My Talk Talk account still shows my order is processing on the main account page. Will all right itself once everything syncs? 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 41

Hi

I've heard back from my contact here, and a quick update as to what happened with your account.  the activation actually took place on the NOW TV side at the same time that an auto cancellation took place on the TalkTalk side, so services activated with NOW, but the packages did not appear on our cloud platform.  They have raised this to our vendor to manually add these on the back end, and when this is done, our systems here will pull the info across so all systems will be in sync.   Our vendor is US based, but usually gives a quick turnaround, so I expect this to b completed soon.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 26 of 41

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 27 of 41

Perfect, thanks Karl. 

Let me know when I need to check again. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 41

Hi

I can see the email was sent, but nothing has changed on the back end, so I still need our vendor to take a look.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 29 of 41

Not sure if it means anything but I've just received my Talk Talk email confirming my Now membership has been activated. 

Nothing in changed in Talk Talk or Now accounts though, exactly as it was this morning. I get an error on the Talk Talk Now TV page.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 41

Hi

Ok, thanks for confirming.  I've requested this is raised to our Vendor to take a look for me.  They can manually add the HD Boost at the back end, I just want them to check the rest of the account looks as it should on their platform.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 31 of 41

Thanks for checking this out Karl. 

And yes, Now TV entertainment is showing as active and managed by Talk Talk in my Now TV account. I activated am able to watch entertainment programmes.

Boost however, is not showing as active and is available to add directly with Now TV (which I haven't done). 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 41

Hi

I'm still seeing Now TV showing as active on your account so have passed the details to one of our product managers to take a look.

I have checked to see that the Now activation token is showing within the third party cloud platform, but the NOW TV options including the boost are not showing.

If you log into your NOW TV account, is it showing the Entertainment option as managed by TalkTalk.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 33 of 41

Hi Karl, 

Back to showing an error on my account under the Now section.

Still only have Entertainment showing as active on Now directly. Boost not showing still.

Are you able to check your side to see that it's all gone through properly please? Thanks! 

0 Likes

Message 34 of 41

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 35 of 41

I shall do, thank you Karl.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 41

Hi

Glad this has been activated for you now, let me know in 24hrs if everything is working / activated and if not, I'll see whats going on.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 37 of 41

Good news from me. I've been able to activate my Now Entertainment pass and link to my existing Now account. 

It may be because I've only just done it but my Talk Talk account shows it isn't activated yet.

My Now app shows NOW Boost isn't activated either. But again, I may be too quick. 

0 Likes

Message 38 of 41

Hi

A comms has been published for all agents making them aware, and our developers are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 39 of 41

Thank you Karl.

It would be helpful if someone told the team on the chat service. I have been taken round the houses (then back again) as they clearly aren't aware of the issue.

Annoyingly I'm £5 for the TV service which I only got as it included the Now TV Boost add on so I don't feel I'm getting what I paid for.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 40 of 41

Hi Ben

We have an incident raised for some NOW TV activation emails failing to automatically to send.

Our developers are currently investigating and I'm monitoring for any updates at the moment.  As soon as I get the next update from our Incidents Team, I'll let you know here.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes