cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talk talk remote buttons stopped working

ladyJL2
Participant
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hi,

I have never been given a new remote and have had this remote since I joined talk talk approx 10 years ago. They have replaced the box but never replaced the remote (twice now) I started the 150 fibre contract last September when I moved home and never received the new router or anything else for that matter? This router is also old and doesn't work properly either and the signal constantly drops out..

Please could anyone help as I can't control the volume or channels and the arrow buttons don't work. The batteries are brand new. But this very old remote and old router need replacing desperately. Any help would be much appreciated 

Thanks in advance... 

A long term faithful customer 😉

Dog foster and rescuer
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi

looks as though the remote is out for delivery by yodel so all should be good 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi,

No Problem 🙂

Any issues let me know.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi Gilwmeaden2, 

Yes everything is sorted, another delivery popped up in my yodel app yesterday 

Thanks again 

Ladyjl2 

Dog foster and rescuer

Message 4 of 16

Sounds as though it is all in hand, @ladyJL2.

The email notifications you receive from Talktalk Support are from a NO REPLY address, so you'll never get a response that way.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi Karl, 

I've emailed you a reply but don't know if that works so it just says "I've got another delivery coming from yodel so I presume it's the remote as I've not ordered anything, many thanks again for your help" 

Kind regards 

Ladyjl2 

Dog foster and rescuer
0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi @ladyJL2 

The remote will arrive separately, I've checked and am showing the remote as dispatched.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 7 of 16

Hi, 

Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated🙂

Kind regards 

Ladyjl2

Dog foster and rescuer

Message 8 of 16

@ladyJL2, staff will be back on here after the weekend. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Karl, 

I've not been sent a remote control?

I've just received the router today though, are they coming seperately?

Kind regards 

Lady J

Dog foster and rescuer
0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Thank you 

Dog foster and rescuer

Message 11 of 16

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Thank you for your help Karl, very much appreciated😊

Dog foster and rescuer
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 16

@ladyJL2, no need to worry about a new thread!

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hi @ladyJL2 

Connection itself looks ok, I've a router and remote on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

@ladyJL2, which form of Fibre150 is it?

https://www.comparebroadband.org.uk/guides/talktalk-fibre150-review/

Maybe post again about the router etc in the appropriate message board, as staff will perhaps want to check the line before assessing whether there is anything wrong with the router. Then it needs to be the right sort of router if it needs to be replaced. 

A new router isn't always sent with a new contract if the older one works fine at the time.

Different types of Fibre150:

Screenshot_20230727-100116_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230727-100140_Chrome.jpg

For the TV remote issue, look for their reply on this thread.

0 Likes