cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

USB stick not working in 4k TV Box

Missjudgement
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

I have the 4k box.  Purchased a 256 SanDisc USB stick.  Formatted on PC.  Put it into TV Box .... nothing.  Almost 70 years and not technically minded.  What am I doing wrong ? Any help appreciate 🙏 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi @Luna1 

Excellent, thanks for confirming,  I'll send a quick survey to rate your interaction with our Community.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Good news.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi. I received my new box, and the recording function is now working fine. Cheers. 

Samantha Allcroft-Peddle
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 20

Hi

replacement is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Done. 

Samantha Allcroft-Peddle
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 20

Hi

add your phone number or account number to your 'Community Profile' and I'll swap out the TV box to see if it's at fault.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

I've done the whole factory reset and set everything up again, and even re-checked the USB in my PC. But it's still just saying cannot format hard disk. 

Samantha Allcroft-Peddle
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 20

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

OK I'll try it shortly and report back. 

Samantha Allcroft-Peddle
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 20

Hi

yes, you can initiate this by pressing the button on the side 5 times.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Do you mean a factory reset rather than turn off totally and leave for a while? 

Samantha Allcroft-Peddle
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 20

Hi

OK, I would try a box reset and see if that clears the issue, if not we could try swapping out the box.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Yes. No problem. 

Samantha Allcroft-Peddle
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 20

Hi

If you format the stick on your pc, can you access this from the pc ok?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

It recognises that a USB is there and asks if I want to initialize it. I click yes,  it looks like it's working, but then a message comes up saying unable to format drive. No actual error code.

Samantha Allcroft-Peddle
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 20

Hi

did the box recognise the stick, where there any errors?

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Luna1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 20

I posted asking the same thing but got no reply. I'm fine with technology, but I cannot get my USB to format to record.  I have tried 2 brand new SanDisk bought from a shop, and even tried preformatting on laptop which I saw suggested by Netgem. But so far nobody has been able to provide a solution. Major flaw with this 4k box.

Samantha Allcroft-Peddle
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi

Did you manage to get the USB stick working in the TV Box ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Where did you buy the stick from? eBay and other sites are awash with fakes and the box is very susceptable to these.

The box will also format the stick. This is done normally automatically when inserted, but there is also a way to do this via settings menu.

Hope this helps

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes