cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

YouView box frequently losing freeview channels

surfing69
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Over the last few months I have been losing some Freeview channels and recently i turned on the TV and NO channels were showing i.e. i kept seeing the loss/low signal error page. 

I have another TV connected to the same aerial and when I turned on that TV, ALL TV channels were present ! 

I did all the troubleshooting as suggested  in these posts BUT what i found worked was unplugging the aerial from teh YouView box , waiting a few seconds and then replugging and hey presto ALL the channels returned ! 

the loss of all TV channels has happened a couple of times over past 2 weeks 

I originally thought the aerial may have come loose at the YouView box but when the loss of channels occurred the first time, i made certain it was plugged into the back of the box securely. 

the box is over 5 years old 

Does anyone know what could be going on? 

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

If the Tuner has failed in the box, then nothing can be done.  TalkTalk stopped providing these boxes over 3 years ago now, and they cannot be repaired or replaced.

You may be eligible for the new TalkTalk TV Hub.  If out of contract, you will be asked to renew, there is also a £5 per month rental charge for the new TV Box and access to TalkTalk TV options via My Account  

If this is something you are considering, then you can give our Loyalty Teams a call to discuss options and current discounts or offers.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

hello

if this does continue happening, should i contact TalkTalk directly?  

thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Try a retune with no aerial connected, to clear the tuner memory, then connect the aerial and retune again.  Make sure the aerial plug is fitted tight to the end of the cable, unless it is one of the molded ones.   See if this helps.

If this behaviour continues, then the tuner in the box could be failing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes