cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4k box intermittent sound

Marcy368626283
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

My 4k box has intermittent sound.

Only happens when using apps I.e. Netflix or NOW but can happen 3-4 times per viewing. Any solutions? We've tried resetting box and router.

Thanks 

Lucy

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thank you. I'll see how it goes.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi @Marcy368626283 

I've a replacement TV Box on the way to you so that a fault can be ruled out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

There is nothing extra I can suggest so have escalated for support staff to look into.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Marcy368626283
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Thanks I have tried with a 4k hdmi and it's still happening. It's only when using apps and it's only ever happened on the 4k box. Please can you offer any further advice.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the box or an old one that was already in situ? The supplied one should be one that can cope with 4k sound from apps.

Some older HDMI cables are not able to send a consistent signal to the TV, so either try a different cable or if it is the one supplied with the box, try reversing it. This may sound silly but it can work and ensures it's sitting correctly in each device.

Let us know how you get on

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes