cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Youview box hangs using apps

DamianPLEvans
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

This is driving me mad! If I use one of the apps, for example ITV Hub (I'm STILL waiting for an update to ITV X), it hangs several times at an ad break, and at other times. I have to press the pause button, then rewind button for a few seconds, then play button. It then plays the ads and resumes the program, until the next ad. Other apps just freeze, and I receive the "oops, something's gone wrong" message. Internet connection is stable (fibre) and I've reset the box, but still persist.

Any ideas before I put a hammer through it? 

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

Give our loyalty team a call and see if you are eligible for one of the new 4K TV boxes.

You may need to renew the contract if out of contract, and will also have TalkTalk entertainment added to your package for the rental of the box.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

If you are paying for TalkTalk TV services then you can get a new box, but bear in mind that none have recorders built-in if that is what you have now.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

How do I go about getting a new box? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi

The boxes are nearing end of life, TalkTalk stopped issuing these boxes just over 30 months ago, and so these boxes are no longer issued or replaced.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

DamianPLEvans
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Already did, same issue. To be fair, it's been like this a while, I just put up with it. But I was thinking, after trying to watch a drama and being interrupted 4 or 5 times, I shouldn't have to put up with this, not in this day and age. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi

Try a full factory reset from the settings menu then set the box back up again.  If still failing, then the box may be near the end of it's working life.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes