cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Youview box not changed to BST

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 90 of 90

My Huawei Youview box has not changed itself to BST. The program guide is still showing GMT times. I have tried rebooting the box, and a factory reset, but this hasn't resolved the issue. I don't recall this happening before.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
- Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
89 REPLIES 89

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 81 of 90

I'm guessing the boxes take their time from the broadband feed, so making it impossible to manually correct it. I noticed the same issue with the NOW TV app still showing GMT times (which I access via my Youview box).

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Likes

Message 82 of 90

Same thought, no manual overide at all, I did find on a post from 2013, 'that as the box is made for the UK market it didn't require one as the box would automatically update itself'

Well not this time!

Disco Steve

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 83 of 90

Admittedly when I was scrolling through the program guide yesterday evening and across to the small hours of the night I thought it odd that there didn't seem to be any provision made for the BST correction.

raven992
First Timer
Private Message
Message 84 of 90

Me too 

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 85 of 90

In that case it must be a problem with Youview itself. Let's see if a techie comes along with any more info.

tnich
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 86 of 90

same here

GreyBeard1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 87 of 90

I have the same problem tried everything to reset.

TrishL
Participant
Private Message
Message 88 of 90

Same problem

Discosteve
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 89 of 90

Same problem, tried resetting box but guide times still not updated.

Disco Steve