cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Youview box not changed to BST

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 90 of 90

My Huawei Youview box has not changed itself to BST. The program guide is still showing GMT times. I have tried rebooting the box, and a factory reset, but this hasn't resolved the issue. I don't recall this happening before.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
- Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
89 REPLIES 89

Message 1 of 90

Morning,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Lorraineg
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 90

Software ipdate resolved the problem 

0 Likes

Lorraineg
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 90

Mine has not updated either, has anybody managed to get theirs updated?

0 Likes

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 4 of 90

I blame Greta Thunberg.

[She's a convenient scapegoat.]

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Message 5 of 90

Car?  Clock on the oven? 😄

Message 6 of 90

😂

John-F
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 90

Could it be a response from China to the TikTok Snub. ..........................

OAP on the Run

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 8 of 90

That is definitely an option!

Message 9 of 90

Morning,

No problem and I'm glad to hear that this has now updated 🙂 I'm the same, I need to update my car clock but I'll most likely do what I do every year and just leave it to change again in October 🙂

Please let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Thanks

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 10 of 90

Thanks Michelle for keeping us informed, and thanks to the TT engineers for eventually sorting it out. I managed to sleep more soundly last night, but still have that nagging doubt there may still be one device that needs updating manually to DST... probably hidden in a drawer somewhere!

Hopefully someone will remember to put another shilling in the meter when we're coming up for the switch back to GMT at the end of October so we won't have all this malarkey again.

Odd situations like this are a bit annoying but with a bit of patience we get through it all. 😁

Message 11 of 90

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂 I just need to fix my car clock now 🙂

Thanks

Message 12 of 90

Thanks to everyone that posted or just viewed this thread over the weekend, lots of activity gets any issues noticed more quickly.

Thanks also to Michelle at TT for running with it and making sure problem was resolved.

Let's hope it's a permanent fix, I can't wait till the clocks go back 😀

Disco Steve

Message 13 of 90

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming.

Thanks

Message 14 of 90

I left my box on standby and just checked the tv this morning and the correct time is now displayed.  Thank you

0 Likes

Message 15 of 90

Just updated software and yes it has worked.  What are Taltalk IT personnel paid for?

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 16 of 90

I've just successfully applied the software update too - never had to do that before, but it worked!

Case Closed.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 90

no software geek but BST is not something new or unexpected, it has been needless hassle for a couple of days, still thinking about going back to freeview, see how I feel tomorrow

0 Likes

Message 18 of 90

software updated the way to go all sorted now, but is it our job to do so???? 😕

0 Likes

Message 19 of 90

Thank you this has worked for me too 

0 Likes

Woozy
First Timer
Private Message
Message 20 of 90

Also just did a manual software update and I am now on BST 🥳