cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Youview box not changed to BST

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 90 of 90

My Huawei Youview box has not changed itself to BST. The program guide is still showing GMT times. I have tried rebooting the box, and a factory reset, but this hasn't resolved the issue. I don't recall this happening before.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
- Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
89 REPLIES 89

Barrytawn
First Timer
Private Message
Message 61 of 90

Me too

weirdly:-

the box is working in its own time zone and if you click on a programme that is outside of what the box is seeing—- you are asked if you want to set a favourite🙂 

I don’t think it will continue to record my recording selections

I too have tried rebooting without success.

Barrytawn

0 Likes

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 62 of 90

I'd always assumed the changeover to BST or back to GMT (later in the year) was automatically programmed into the system software... as it seems to happen so effortlessly on other devices such as phones, PC's, and all manner of modern electronic devices these days.

In all the time I've had a Youview box (probably about 10 years now) it's the first time the daylight saving changeover hasn't happened automatically.

[[Just random observations & musings.]

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

debsnspike
Participant
Private Message
Message 63 of 90

Same here,😖

phil3uh
First Timer
Private Message
Message 64 of 90

Same here,  no provision to adjust the clock on my DN372T box! Come on talktalk  you can increase costs but not update boxes to BST?

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 65 of 90

No resolution as yet, so I suspect they may wait till the small hours to try and resolve it. Perusing related tweets on Twitter suggests that the problem is in hand.

LindaTownsend
First Timer
Private Message
Message 66 of 90

My talk talk TV box is also an hour behind. Never had this problem before.  Hopefully it gets sorted. 

muttley001
Participant
Private Message
Message 67 of 90

I have the same problem with my Huawei Youview tv box. Even turning off the box and rebooting it did not sort it.

It is only a small thing, but annoying

KATET3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 68 of 90

Mine is the same! It's very frustrating & I hope they fix it soon as it's annoying being an hour behind!

Phi1995
First Timer
Private Message
Message 69 of 90

Same on mine, I've tried turning on and off box (not factory reset), and it's still an hour behind, they hve to fixt this quick!

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 70 of 90

I've seen similar comments on dedicated Youview fora.

Woozy
First Timer
Private Message
Message 71 of 90

So I asked someone who has Twitter to have a look for me and yes there is an issue affecting all users. Engineers are working on it apparently.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 72 of 90

Technical support is available via Chat on Sundays:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 73 of 90

My box and phone -landline always updated automatically before. I'm now on FTTP with VOIP, I'm wondering if this is the problem. Before everything was anologue up to the cabinet in the road, the signal, came from the BT exchange, so when the time switched over in the exchange, the lines were updated.

Its pretty poor- no staff are on at the weekend? Talk Talk need to get a grip. They want want everyone to go to FTTP + VOIP, its not entirely a better service.

Lynn

Message 74 of 90

That's a big help when there's a technical issue.

Disco Steve

Message 75 of 90

There are no staff on here at weekends!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Woozy
First Timer
Private Message
Message 76 of 90

Does anyone use Twitter? I don't, but wondering if this has been flagged on there?

Message 77 of 90

Talk talk not exactly fast to respond with a solution this morning , wait it's the afternoon was looking at their guide time.

Disco Steve

Mart38_B
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 78 of 90

Same problem too. Currenty showing programmes 1 hour behind the actual time. I dont mind the guide being wrong but live tv being 1 hour behind I cant. I'll await a tech Talk Talk response. This is urgent please, thank you

KeenGardener

Woozy
First Timer
Private Message
Message 79 of 90

Same issue. 

Eddydeb
Participant
Private Message
Message 80 of 90

Same time issue with my Youview box