cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Youview box not changed to BST

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 90 of 90

My Huawei Youview box has not changed itself to BST. The program guide is still showing GMT times. I have tried rebooting the box, and a factory reset, but this hasn't resolved the issue. I don't recall this happening before.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
- Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
89 REPLIES 89

loulou-1972
First Timer
Private Message
Message 41 of 90

I was on chat with someone yesterday about time not changing and guide showing an hour late . They said they would do an update on my box overnight. But hasn’t made a difference. 

Message 42 of 90

Hello,

Apologies for the delay. The issue has been identified and this should be resolved in the next 24hrs.

Thanks

SMS65
First Timer
Private Message
Message 43 of 90

Hello. I'm just adding to this chat to say that my Youview box is also showing the wrong time, although it has been recording the correct programmes (just clicking on an hour early according to their TV guide!).  My box is a Huawei Model DN370T.  Is that the same model as everyone else, or has this affected all Box models?

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 44 of 90

I agree Anne - it's never happened like this before, and if you think about how many devices update automatically for the DST changes twice a year, it isn't actually difficult to code into the software from a technical point of view.  Maybe this time someone forgot to put another shilling in the meter. [Yes I'm dating myself now.]

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Anne46
Team Player
Private Message
Message 45 of 90

I know they are working on it, but really, the idea that a huge telecomms and Internet company couldn't get a simple thing like this right in the first place makes the mind boggle.

stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 46 of 90

Any update on when this might be fixed please?

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 47 of 90

Thanks for responding Michelle - we await the news with trepidation!

Message 48 of 90

Hello,

Our team are investigating this now.

Thanks

Message 49 of 90

Anyone had any luck with getting hold of talktalk about the time change? 

0 Likes

RELISH864
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 50 of 90

I was going to do a Factory reset but didn't....I still have a few programmes to watch, so I am glad I saw your post....surely a system update should sort this....I have checked I have had all the updates and it says I have.  Talktalk don't seem to think it's that important....maybe they just want everyone to be on the new box that doesn't record.

0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 51 of 90

A factory re-set won't help you others have tried it. Its a Talk Talk problem. You would have thought the soft ware engineers would have fixed it overnight. It really is poor. The BST date is known months in advance. Its nothing to do with Freeview either as I tried it just on my TV and the time is correct.

Why haven't Talk Talk given us an update?

Lynn
0 Likes

Message 52 of 90

Morning,

I'm really sorry. We're hoping to receive an update back from the TV team soon.

Thanks

RELISH864
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 53 of 90

My Youview Box has not moved on an hour to British Summer Time....I can see by the posts that I am not alone in this!  I have tried to resolve it but nothing works....the only thing I haven't tried is a Factory Reset, but I will lose all my recordings if I do that....first time this has happened.  Thought it may have resolved overnight, but it didn't.  Like someone else said it doesn't stop me recording, but it is annoying.

Message 54 of 90

there are many waiting, posts on here are tip of the iceberg imo☹️

glosboy1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 55 of 90

Ditto here and cannot get on to talktalk payments/bills/site either...tech probs, maybe go back to freeview

0 Likes

Message 56 of 90

Spot on

0 Likes

Message 57 of 90

Morning,

Apologies, this has been escalated and I'm hoping to know more soon.

Thanks

Jenny191
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 58 of 90

I noticed I have the same problem in every aspect. Went to bed hoping it would've corrected itself.

Surely someone at TalkTalk could at least have the decency to comment? Or not maybe!!!

JenS

Message 59 of 90

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've escalated this and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Message 60 of 90

Same here!