cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Youview box not changed to BST

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 90 of 90

My Huawei Youview box has not changed itself to BST. The program guide is still showing GMT times. I have tried rebooting the box, and a factory reset, but this hasn't resolved the issue. I don't recall this happening before.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
- Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
89 REPLIES 89

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 90

From TalkTalk service status page:

Youview are scheduling a software update overnight to resolve this issue. TV boxes need to remain powered on/in standby and be connected to your router to enable the software to install automatically.

We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this and will continue to update you here with more information. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 90

Do a manual software update -I have just done the software update manually as in gone into settings and said update software and it has now changed

cathram17
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 90

I have just done the software update manually as in gone into settings and said update software and it has now changed

0 Likes

Steph10
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 90

Mine has not changed either but weirdly it still recorded. I wait to see what talktalk offer in terms of fix 

0 Likes

Mikecg
First Timer
Private Message
Message 25 of 90

I have also got the same problem, I have had the box for a few years and this problem has not happened before

0 Likes

BMJ104
First Timer
Private Message
Message 26 of 90

I’ve had the same problem since yesterday but having just done a software update, my box is now showing the correct time...👍

0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 27 of 90

My box is now playing the programmes at the correct time. Yesterday they were viewing on GMT an hour behind. However the guide is still showimg the programmes on GMT. Hopefully tonights software update will fix the issues.

Lynn
0 Likes

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 28 of 90

There is no need to reboot your router or do a factory reset - whoever advised that is giving out duff information.

There is a software update scheduled for tonight.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Likes

Message 29 of 90

@mariaK, they are keeping in touch on the Service Status Dashboard page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service

Screenshot_20230327-180149_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

mariaK
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 30 of 90

This is really poor service from TalkTalk. I just tried calling them, got one of those awful recorded messages that ask you what you want then can't deal with what you say, however simply you state it... eventually got through to talk to a person but couldn't understand what he was saying so asked if he'd speak a little slower and he cut the call off...

I can't believe TalkTalk haven't solved this problem! Surely it's basic routine stuff? And if they can't, why aren't they getting in touch with apologies and updates??

Maria Kidulis
0 Likes

Karenryan
First Timer
Private Message
Message 31 of 90

I had the same issue. I spoke with a technical advisor who asked me to do the following and it resolved the issue

options.

Turn OFF and ON your Set Top Box from the back.

Hold down the + (Plus) and – (Minus) buttons at the same time on the front of the TalkTalk TV Box.

Now press the ON button at the front of your TalkTalk TV Box and continue to hold the + (Plus) and – (Minus) buttons for 15 seconds.

Select the software reset button on the screen

K Ryan
0 Likes

Message 32 of 90

Correct - the programs are all being broadcast at the correct times; it is just the Youview system time which is incorrect on *many but not all boxes. The two factors are unrelated.

*I suspect it is certain makes & model numbers that are affected.

Message 33 of 90

I see that TT have identified the problem and it should be fixed within 24hrs....that was message from 1hr ago.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 90

@Pasha It is a YouView related issue, rather than Freeview. And it is only affecting some TalkTalk boxes. Frustrating though it is, the issue has been acknowledged by both TalkTalk and YouView who are working to get it fixed. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 90

Keep an eye on the Service Status Dashboard where the TV Section currently shows:

Screenshot_20230327-151548_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 36 of 90

Mine's DN372T

0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 37 of 90

That's why you pay for TT TV and furthermore the whole country would be affected if that was correct.

Lynn
0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 38 of 90

Thats not correct as I have up plugged my TT box and am watching Freeview built into the my TV at the correct time. This is Talk talk as they rebroadcast the TV via their Tv boxes.

Lynn
0 Likes

Pammy5
First Timer
Private Message
Message 39 of 90

Same as me not changed to BST

0 Likes

Floydoid
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 40 of 90

The issue isn't actually with the boxes, it's the time settings at the Youview servers, about which we have zero control.