cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

terrestrial catch-up channels lost

GeeTee11
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Since Monday I have been unable to see or use the terrestrial catch-up channels (BBCiPlayer, etc), which have disappeared from view on my Netgem TV box.  The other channels and apps (NowTV etc) all seem to be OK. The programme guide is also truncated, so I can't see what's been on earlier in the day (often used as a short-cut to using catch-up).  I'm on faster fibre, hence the awful TV box.  I've tried all the unplugging and channel updating, and even today was prompted about a software upgrade for the box, which I did, but still no luck.  Any ideas please??

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Glad this has worked for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the advice. 
I did the factory reset as suggested - having repeated all the other things I could have done first, just in case!! - and am now back in business. 
I had to activate the box again and the catch-up channels then appeared as normal on the home page; I just had to sign in to some of the individual accounts again (e.g BBCiPlayer, My5). 
A couple of hours of frustration, mainly to do with activating the box again, but it's worked.
If anybody else still has last year's old rubbish Netgem TV box there is a new TalkTalk box available...

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

Do let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thank you, will give it a go!

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

I think the only thing you can try is resetting the box.

To do this press the on button on the side of the box 5 times.

This will factory reset the box so you will need to set up WiFi and sign into any app you use again.

You will also lose any recordings on your usb stick as the stock will think it is a different box.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).