Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Nothing to worry about?

15 REPLIES 15
Gliwmaeden2
Problem Solver

At one point OCE Arne said that ALL customers on a fixed term Broadband and Landline package will be facing this £4.00 TV charge.

This is surely incorrect - if one has NEVER had a TalkTalk TV box or whatever services TT offers for the telly, we should not have anything to worry about here?

I haven't received an email or letter about it anyway, but I see that one or two others have ....

It seems to be such utter chaos that I thought I had better check!

Gliwmaeden2
aolmum
Wizz Kid

I noticed that too, @Gliwmaeden2 , at reply #6 on thread:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing-Your-account-MyTalkTalk/Stupid-letter-re-TalkTalk-TV-4-m...

I shall watch with interest to see what reply you get to your question.

Gliwmaeden2
Problem Solver

This post seems to have been overlooked in the catch up from last week. I would be very grateful to have a response from an OCE, particularly as the confusion was partially caused by a comment by an OCE in one of the other replies re the £4.00 TV charge. 

I have never had, not never want to have, anything to do with TalkTalkTV but from the reply OCE Arne gave to somebody else it sounded as though ALL fixed packages would be afflicted ....

This really does need clarifying.

It would be outrageous, of course, to apply it to those of us who have had nothing to do with the TV services, but that is not the point. If the comment was inaccurate PLEASE correct it!

Gliwmaeden2
ferguson
Community Star

Unfortunately the follow up post knocked this out of the OCE workflow, I have flagged it up for you now.

richij
Wizz Kid

Also following with interest. When clarified, I'll add a summary to the FAQ.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi 

It is the case that Customers on fixed price plans have access to the TalkTalk TV service, either via a Set top box, our via TalkTalk TV store, which will soon generate a £4 charge. If you do not want this charge please request to Opt Out. 

Hope that's clear

Gliwmaeden2
Problem Solver

Dear OCE Arne

It is clear but it is also outrageous! 

I have not received either an email or a letter about this, so it would have been imposed completely out of the blue if I hadn't been following the threads on the subject ...and I really did think "surely not?"!

Very glad I asked the question. I think you may well find TalkTalk ending up in court over this when it happens to other unsuspecting customers.

PLEASE DO OPT ME OUT OF THIS! Sorry to shout but I hope you can understand ......!

Please confirm that this has been done or that I have been added to the list for it to be done. I will be asking for a refund immediately if there is any mistake about it and as people have followed this thread there will be all the world to see! Thanks!

Gliwmaeden2
richij
Wizz Kid

That's interesting, @OCE_Arne. It does seem to contradict what the "CEO Office" said to me, and what your PR people are briefing the press. Hmmm.

Can you also confirm that any subscriber subject to the charge should also receive the letter?

martswain
Philosopher

@OCE_Arne 

I am on a fixed price plan, but in my online account under "package details" there is an Add TV button, but if I click on it is say, quite correctly

You currently don't have TV as part of your package"

I have never had TV or a box, but neither have I received any email notification of forthcoming charges.

There is obviously some disconnect in what you are saying about Fixed Price plans and TV, although I do believe LATER versions did have TV included.

Anyway @OCE_Arne , please also ensure I am opted out.

Martin
ferguson
Community Star

@martswain It's best to start your own topic to request an opt out.

richij
Wizz Kid

@martswain wrote:

I do believe LATER versions did have TV included.

Not sure about that, @martswain. My account opened last month and it also says "Add TV". The whole thing is very broken.

Gliwmaeden2
Problem Solver

My request may have got lost in the flurry on my thread. Please confirm that I have been opted out.

This fiasco is the last straw. ....unbelievable, Talktalk :-( .

Gliwmaeden2
ferguson
Community Star

@Gliwmaeden2  No need to start a new thread, that will likely only make things even more difficult for the OCE. I understand your concern about other posters, this is why we encourage everybody to start their own support topic.

Wait until tomorrow, I am sure the OCE will action your opt out.

Community Team

@Gliwmaeden2    Your request has been sent.   

@martswain  Your request has been sent. 

Gliwmaeden2
Problem Solver

Thanks, Arne.

Does this new approach mean we'll all have to opt out all over again whenever we renew our contracts?

Very cumbersome!

Also: Talktalk seems to assume that everyone who has broadband and landline has a telly. It would be outrageous for TT to include these charges by default for those customers. Very presumptuous of TT to assume we all want to bundle everything with one supplier, let alone ever use whatever TV Apps they have. Many of us have no interest in these whatsoever. There are bound to be some poor souls that are not paying attention to this nasty charge and won't think it is relevant to them but will get stung by it. Sad seeing this company going down this stupid path, but "on your own head be it"!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Team

Hi @Gliwmaeden2

No you wont have to continually opt out, as during any renewal you will be asked if you want to add TV, answering "NO" will ensure that you dont need to opt out again 

I'll pass the feedback on.