cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Billing

Trish18
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

My router stopped working , it took 6 days for an engineer to come when he did he had to replace my router. I had no Internet in that time. I had to use my mobile data and had a bill for £94.. I was told that I could be compensated for my costs .. but can not find a way to retrieve these costs. 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

OK thankyou for that . I hadn't noticed the phone number.

But it clearly states that I paid £94  on that invoice. So the charge  is there..

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

I have removed the image as it shows your full mobile number on the public forum. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

You are going to call us and speak to the mobile team, I cant see any indication that you have been charged £94 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

I lost my internet on Friday 10th May. I logged it online on Friday 10th. Saturday 11th I spent a good one and a half hours online chat to try and resolve the problem. I was using mobile data for that conversation. The engineer was booked to come on Thursday 16th May... therefore I was using mobile data for 5 days while I was without the Internet. The new router was installed Thursday afternoon... them my mobile data use was back to normal. During that time I had had my phone cut off once becaus3 of extra charge. And then i kept topping up payments so that I would not get cut off again. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Your fault was logged 11.05 , resolved 16.05  mobile bill produced 25.05 = £10.70  

Ill ask again, When where you charged £94 by TalkTalk for the number ending 619 which you have confirmed is a TalkTalk mobile number

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Yes exactly my point. My bill is always roughly around the £10 area . Even with using mobile Data. But for the 5 days that I did not have a router it rose to £94 , because mobile data was all I had... t felt 7nfare as it was not my fault.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

I can see your TalkTalk mobile bills. which bill is the £94 charge on? last bill was £10.70 previous was £9.05

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Yes the mobile data usage was my mobile phone. It cost me £94  number  ending 619  . Because it was the only access to the internet that I had ... it was a lot of money that I would not use normally. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

But did you use 1 of the mobile phones linked to your TalkTalk account?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Check the Ts&Cs linked at the foot of the page - it is what is agreed to re Talktalk's liabilities. 

When automatic compensation is due to be paid, it takes around a month after resolution of the fault to show, @Trish18.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Trish18
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

I don't think they will pay. It does seem unfair that I ended up with a mobile data bill through no fault of mine. It was their faulty router that caused the problem.

0 Likes

Trish18
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

I used my mobile data on my mobile phone because I had no Internet  in the house from the Friday until the engineer came on the Thursday. 

The person on chat told me I would be entitled to compensation as it was not my fault that I had no Internet. I was contacting talk talk through chat .. thus giving me a large mobile data bill. 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi Trish18

Mobile data usage does not come under the auto compensation policy, it looks like the fault was reported on a Saturday so would not have been picked up till Monday to book the engineer and was resolved on the Wednesday, So Auto compensation is only owed for 1 day.   

You have 2 mobile sims with us , was the data usage on one of those sims? 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

You may be entitled to a certain amount of compensation as set out here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Unfortunately, I think it unlikely that TalkTalk will cover the costs of data you paid for elsewhere. 

This has been escalated to the support team here, please give them a day or two to respond. 

0 Likes