cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

A question about my contract - I’m puzzled because nothing changes?

PJRanson
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I’ve received an email today from consumer.talktalk.co.uk

“an update on your broadband contract"

My fibre 150 contract is up for renewal in May and the email sets out my options.

• Option 1 - don’t do anything, roll over into ‘out of contract’ but continue to receive all same features as before at the same price (£32 pcm) (with the caveat; an April 2024 price increase against the consumer price index) - I’m free to upgrade to any other package or leave and choose another provider.

• Option 2 - choose to lock into a 24 month fibre 150 contract at the same price (£32 pcm) - with all the same features as I currently have, and are included in option 1, along with the same caveats. 

My question is this - why would I want to move to a 24 month contract when it appears to be identical to being ‘out of contract’? -  is this a mistake... I would have thought there would be some motivation for me to choose a contract over being out of contract?

Hence being puzzled. 

My instinct is to do nothing, and compare other providers until I find a better offer. 

Or am I missing something? 

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Yep. That makes sense .

I've just renewed and removed that feature as I don't use a landline anyway so was surplus to requirements. 

Cheers. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Thanks. Yeah, I get it now.

I spoke to the loyalty team and have just renewed it and removed that feature completely... It would have gone up £8pcm as that call boost feature was originally £16, but was 100% discounted, and only 50% discounted on my next renewal... But I don't use the landline anyway so was always pointless. 

Thanks again. 

All done and dusted. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

If you currently have the calls boost free, that discount will expire, but not the actual boost, @PJRanson.

You'd then be charged for it unless you actually remove it.

It's not part of the contract total, because it can be removed after just one month without penalty. It's also subject to any price increases that could be announced in the course of the 2 years.

So the £32.00 is not inclusive of the boost from the moment your current discount expires. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Thanks Arne, Why would my price increase if the email says it's fixed to £32pcm? The only time it will increase is due to inflation based on the consumer price index, and that’s not until April 2024 - as per the caveat. 

If you’re referring to landline phone calls. I don’t make any anyway - preferring my cell phone which has unlimited calling via my tariff with Smarty...  

...so where does that leave us with Talk Talk?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi @PJRanson

I would also suggest contacting loyalty, you have the unlimited calls boost which is free till the end of your current contract, that discount is no longer available so your price will increase.  

Loyalty team will be able to help on 03451720088.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

That's what I would have thought but, as pointed out, according to the caveat no. It's identical.

Hence my puzzlement.  🤷‍♂️

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Does Option 2 not comprise a fixed price deal for the duration? Which would of course represent an improvement. Personally, either way, I would get in touch with the loyalty team directly to see if they can offer you a better deal for a new contract. 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

TalkTalk's email and online renewals frequently seem to go wrong. Personally, I would advise you to contact the Loyalty Team by phone or Live Chat and ask what they can do for you.