cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Auto Compensation amount query

Hugh88
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

I received a text on Saturday 18th November advising of a credit of £130.62 added to my account for the delay in fixing a repair issue, no broadband service. This amount equates to 14days loss of service when in fact it was a much longer period 20thSept to 2nd Nov inclusive. Which by my reckoning, omitting the first 3 days and wekends is 29 days.

The history of the sorry saga  can be found here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Connected-No-Internet/m-p/2995451

This relates to my Fibre 35 plus mobile contract. Many fault reports, on line chats , phone calls from managers  were raised regarding this issue and each time Talktalk acted on the matter they then closed the fault on Track my Fault stating "they believe the issue is fixed" when in fact it wasn't.  Why they close a fault without verifying with the customer is anyone's guess. Most likely a cynical attempt to to reduce compensation amounts.

Anyway the following reports and complaints were made.

20.09.23 Rep-13407131, 21.09.23 CMP-516264, 23.09.23 Rep-13419662, 12.10.23 CMP-531803, Rep-13512395, Rep-13534507 These are the ones I know of,  a few disappeared into the ether before I had the chance to take a note of them. 

I'd be grateful if someone could have a look at this as going without broadband for 43 days, still paying the full monthly amount and only being compensated for 14 days seems like a real bum deal to me. It's certainly not in the spirit the auto compensation scheme was introduced for.

Many thanks in anticipation.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

@lyndylou!  please start a new topic and ensure that you community profile is updated. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

@lyndylou!, are you with an Openreach set up or CityFibre?

The compensation kicks in automatically with Openreach but usually has to be chased specially with some of the other firms.

Details of the ideal scenario here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

However, posting on another customer's thread is not the way to get help. You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Staff only reply to the original poster. Also, ensure that you have added your Talktalk phone number  / account number in Personal Information, for staff to identify your account. You'll find that in your profile area.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu....SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

lyndylou!
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 14

Hi, I was without a landline from 5-11-2023 until 16-11-2023 due to a wide spread local problem which open reach eventually repaired. As yet i have heard  nothig about compensation which I believe is automatic for TalkTalk customers?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Arne,

I received an email today regarding this and I am pleased to say that the matter is now resolved. Many thanks for your help with this issue.

Best Regards

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Okay. Many thanks.

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

I dont have an exact timescale but it wont be too long, hopefully this week.  

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Arne,

Thanks for the feedback. Is there an estimated timescale of how long this will take.

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14
0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi Arne,

I haven't received any SMS/Email from the Autocompensation team and it's now been two weeks since I raised this. Could you ask them what the current status is please.

Thanks

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi Arne. Many thanks for this.

Hugh

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Hugh88

I have asked the Auto compensation team to investigate again.

Once the investigation is complete you will receive an SMS/Email.

Regards

0 Likes