cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Being threatened with a £2.75 per month charge because you "can't reach me by email"

jamieburchell
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Received a stuffy letter from TT today to say that they are going to start charging me £2.75 per month unless I "fix my email".

Well, I have an inbox full of emails from TalkTalk (and every other service I use) which say otherwise. I also get the bills that they send (which I delete, because if I want to see my bill I can login to my account).

Where do we go from here, because I'm not paying for paper bills?

43 REPLIES 43

Message 41 of 44

Hi typoid 

For security, TalkTalk does not send bills by email. TalkTalk sends only billing notifications that there's a bill ready to view in a customer MyAccount.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 44

Hi jamieburchell 

The billing system has automatically put a stop on sending to the current MyAccount login email address due to non-delivery.

The workaround is to set a non-TalkTalk email address as the MyAccount login. Revert to email notifications, wait for the next billing notification to arrive. Once there's been a successful delivery and the paper billing reset to email notifications you'll be able to revert to a TalkTalk email address if you wish. My advice is to stay with the non-TalkTalk email address but it's your choice.

Here's the guidance on eBill notifications that are mandatory notifications that a bill is ready to view in your customer MyAccount. The billing system uses a different mail sender to the other TalkTalk mailings.

There will have been an issue, usually transient but present when sending eBill notifications, that stopped the billing system getting emails to your MyAccount login email address. So what then happens if there's a further issue with delivery, is that a protection measure by the billing system mail sender puts a stop on sending to your email address. Because it's then mandatory to get a notification and bill to you each month you get reverted to paper billing at a charge of £2.75/m unless you receive your bills in large print (or Braille or audio format).

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

typoid
Team Player
Private Message
Message 43 of 44

Same letter here.

Received all emails in my inbox. These include the bill. Why would I need to go through the login process to see bill.

Also been threatened with the £2.75 a month for paper bills.

Email is very active 

0 Likes