cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Being threatened with a £2.75 per month charge because you "can't reach me by email"

jamieburchell
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Received a stuffy letter from TT today to say that they are going to start charging me £2.75 per month unless I "fix my email".

Well, I have an inbox full of emails from TalkTalk (and every other service I use) which say otherwise. I also get the bills that they send (which I delete, because if I want to see my bill I can login to my account).

Where do we go from here, because I'm not paying for paper bills?

43 REPLIES 43

Message 1 of 44

Your next notification is due on the 28/29th this month let us know if it arrives. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 44

Didn't get it. Last email I received from TalkTalk was 29th March subject "Your Latest TalkTalk Bill Has Arrived"

0 Likes

Message 4 of 44

There are no entries in the logs and no spam emails in the junk/spam folders.

When were they sent?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 44

Can you check that your email domain is not classing our emails as spam and rejecting them, you account is showing that your price rise notification has been sent twice.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 44

Letter is dated 5 April. Don't recall getting an email about it. I kept the email from end of March with the bill notification incase I had needed to show I've actually received it.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 44

Hi jamieburchell

What date was on the letter?, 

Did you receive your price rise notification email also?

0 Likes

jamieburchell
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 8 of 44

I received March's billing notification email, then a letter which I thought was going to be another "we can't reach you" one, but it's about a price increase. Curiously though, the letter reference is BOUNCE//BC28_01... so maybe there is still an issue communicating via email?

I can now check logs for my email service and there isn't anything in there to do with blocking or otherwise for TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 44

Yes I can, do and have. As have many of my colleagues. Sadly the problem still exists.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Winston196328
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 44

You are support team, you can’t pass info through that will support customers? If you don’t have the power, tell me who does and I will contact them directly for you.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 44

I'm just a pleb I have no power to change processes. I can credit you for the charge once its applied though. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Winston196328
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 44

Ady,

why don’t you employ good customer service and suspend taking action over something you KNOW doesn’t work properly. I am sure it is a bit of programming in your billing system that any competent programmer or dev could write around in very short time.

Do that, your customers are not inconvenienced, you take your time fixing the issues properly.

or do you desperately need the £2.75 per customer per month?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 44

Hi Winston196328, this is a very longstanding issue. Believe it or not there are quite a few different causes all with the same result. Gondola is right though a quick change to a gmail account or similar will get it sorted. 

Ady

Winston196328
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 44

Hang on, why does a TalkTalk emailing process have problems recognising deliverry to Talktalk email accounts? Why have to use another account? Surely this indicates there is a problem with your billing emails. Proper customer service would be to suspend any action from 'bounceback notifuications' while you fix the problem at your end. Asking customers to use someone else's email address 'temporarily' is very poor.

Message 15 of 44

If the notification letter from TalkTalk indicates you will be put on to paper billing if there's a further instance of a bounceback mail delivery notification then you're not yet on paper billing.

If the notification letter from TalkTalk indicates you are now on paper billing then that means the TalkTalk billing system has put a stop on sending to your current TalkTalk My Account login because of two months of bounceback notifications that there have been problems with delivery.

The billing system doesn't know that the delivery may have been deferred or delayed and eventually got through only that there was a bounceback notification of delivery issues.

So the only way to revert to the eBilling notification is to change the My Account login to a non-TalkTalk email address. e.g. a free Gmail email address for example.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 16 of 44

Thanks for reply 🙂

Ends in: @talktalk.net

This is the first notification.

Having this notification, would this mean I will now always receive a paper bill even though I continue receiving TT emails?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 44

Community notifications are from an entirely different mail sender as you'll see when viewing the source header content.

0 Likes

Winston196328
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 44

Amazing that the emails telling me someone has posted on this thread all get through 🤷🏻

0 Likes

Message 19 of 44

I've just found the bit where they say they check and re-seal for ARC authentication. I know that Gmail does a check for ARC chain compliance. We still don't know where the bounceback originated so I still suggest changing the MyAccount login to the final destination Gmail as that removes two potential sources.

0 Likes

jamieburchell
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 20 of 44

@Gondola I believe it uses ARC instead of SRS.

0 Likes