Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing and ETC

idevilk
Team Player
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

After the issues I have faced again which left me without internet for around 2 weeks, I have decided to leave.

I have already spoke to team and happy to pay ETC however I was told that my bill would be adjusted to reflect the outage I had and I will be compensated for that.

I was also told that I will not be charged anything via DD for this month.

I have just logged on to mytalktalk portal and I can see an amount is set to go out via DD.

Can someone please assist on this matter or do I need to call and speak to someone.

thanks

Kash

home phone is ** removed **

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi idevilk,

Apologies for the delay.

Have sent you a private message requesting for some details, we'll then look into this for you.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 13

@idevilk, there is an industry-wide delay, and has been for several weeks:

20211006_171041.jpg

Details of how compensation is calculated:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

idevilk
Team Player
Message 3 of 13

hello

so the bill has been generated and kick on the balls is that you are applying credit of £19 something whilst you took out £23.95 via DD.

Why, specially when its been unplugged and not even been used ? 

on top of that, nothing so far from the so called auto-refund team.

fuming****

Message 4 of 13

The credit on the next bill will be taken off the outstanding balance when it is generated.  I did advise that  the auto-compensation team will look to see if your fault qualifies for a credit, It can take upto 30 days to be investigated. 

0 Likes

idevilk
Team Player
Message 5 of 13

I know I agreed to pay ETC as I wanted to get shut of the crap service asap.

Can you tell me whether you will adjust ETC with the money you already took off from my account ?

Also, at no point whatsoever I have been told whether talktalk will show decency and apply refund for the 10+ days outage in my internet from 20th Aug - 5 Sep give / take those days ?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

As previously advised another bill will be produced showing a credit for the overpayment. Also you have agreed to pay the ETC, which will be applied on that bill.

0 Likes

idevilk
Team Player
Message 7 of 13

Just to update, money has gone out of my account.

I have not had any call from customer services with regards to call recoding as per my chat.

Most probably, money will be taken out for ETC too.

Pretty useless as expected and I am not happy.

Absolute *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* service

0 Likes

idevilk
Team Player
Message 8 of 13

not as per Mandy who I spoke to and spent nearly 45 minutes.

As she doesn't believe I am telling the truth and she didn't have a solution, I advised her to get the call recordings checked so this is what she is doing now and apparently someone should call me within 48 hours to confirm.

Obviously, this sounds to me the culture of talktalk is you don't trust your customers or unless she doesn't know what she is talking about.

I am still unsure on the answer whether I will also get compensated for 10+ days I was left without internet.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi idevilk

Looking at the account it cancels on the 22nd October which is the day your Direct debit would be taken. This amount will be returned next month on the 17th November. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

idevilk
Team Player
Message 10 of 13

Hi,

Speaking to your customer reps is an extremely hard work. Just been on and still on phone with for nearly 30 minutes trying to explain A to Z of whats been happening with regards to fault and complaint. I am not surprised that no one knows anything about anything, I am having to tell every person I speak to same story again and again and again and its quite frustrating.

The lady who I dealt with handling my complaints hasn't even filled in notes correctly to say that September bill will be waived off and this person I am speaking to hasn't got a clue and she is on about compensation for the period where I didn't even internet.

To add salt to wounds, they don't even know when was the fault raised and when did it get fixed. its like when you call talktalk they expect you to know everything and they are just there to then counter ask questions

idevilk
Team Player
Message 11 of 13

Hi,

The person I have been speaking to was called Maya and she sounded scottish. She assured me that the bill will be wiped off.

Can you please look into this for me or call me on obscured for customer security

regards
Kash

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

HI @idevilk

Do you have the contact details of the complaint manager?  I've looked at the notes on your complaint and there is no mention of clearing this months bill which was produced on the 17th. 

As for compensation for the fault, our auto compensation team will look at this, but it can take upto 30 days for it to be applied. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes