cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Block landline after selling property

johnbrady1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I've just sold the house now and informed Talktalk, who say 30 days notice is required and will be charged.  Fine. But they won't close or block the phone land line itself. 

I don't have access to the property any more, I don't own it, and I have removed all the Talktalk equipment.  But there is nothing stopping the new property owner plugging in a phone to the phone socket and making outbound calls that will be charged to me!

Why cannot Talktalk just block the line now, and stop the new owner being able to make calls on that line that will be charged back to me? I understand the need to pay for the landline rental service during the notice period, for the next 30 days, but I don't understand why they cannot block that phone line itself now.

Thanks, John

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi johnbrady1

I have requested that a bar in placed on the account. 

Regards

Message 2 of 4

Gliwmaeden2 - many thanks for the suggestion on reducing the allowance. I wasn't aware of this at all.  I've now reduced it down to £10 from the £100 default, as there was no lower option available.

John

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I'll move this to billing for you, @johnbrady1.

Given that Talktalk could put a restriction on your line if you don't pay your bills, it's odd that they make this so difficult!

I wonder if you are able to reduce the allowances to £0.00 in my account to stop it being used? 

That's to avoid bills going over what's set as the maximum amount.

Wait to hear back from staff during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.