cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charged £75 for fixing my non functioning broadband

tenaille
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi, broadband was dead for several days, Openreach engineer arrived and declared router faulty. He managed to get it to work but said it needed replacing, he arranged the replacement router which duly arrived and I successfully installed it. I sent the old router back in the provided packaging.

I have now been billed for the engineer visit despite the engineer confirming it was faulty equipment and I would not be charged. How do I get this resolved ?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi tenaille

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If they had sent out a Talktalk engineer who found a problem with the TT router you would not have been charged, @tenaille.

That's why staff on here are for ever sending out routers to test whether a fault is resolved with a simple replacement. 

This should be done before an Openreach engineer is sent out, because they will charge if the fault is not with their own equipment. The router should have been eliminated from the equation earlier on.

See here for the reasons for charges:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

Make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account and look into what happened  - go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu choose Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday during the day, but there will be fewer staff over the Christmas / New Year period. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes