cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charged Twice

JoeyTrash90
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

So my DD comes out on the 27tg each month, usually. This has since been changed to the 8th of each month as of next bill. However, I paid my bill off early  on the 23rd as I had £26 to spare and this payment can be seen on my transaction history. I then get a charge from DD on the 27th for the same amount. I managed to get a refund from my bank for it then to be taken out again on the same day by Talktalk!! If they were to check my account they would see that this was indeed already paid a few days before. I cannot also claim a refund back due to changing my Direct Debit date to the 8th and I'm in need of the £26 refund before that date.  I'm sorry if this all sounds confusing but due to my autistic brain it makes sense to me. Either way , TalkTalk owes me £26.00 due to my account being in credit. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

@Sarahlouise74  there should be a credit showing on your account for the double payment.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

@Sarahlouise74, you don't want this issue getting muddled up with another customer's thread.

Please return to the billing message board (via "help with your service " in the forum menu).

Click on start a topic. 

Also complete your community forum profile. Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu. Add your Talktalk landline number or account number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

This is for staff to identify your account. They reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Sarahlouise74
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

I couldn’t change my card details online (no idea why )so paid the day they cut it off (only time I could use a dif card )and it got paid TWICE because it kept telling me I hadn’t paid but chat insisted I waited 24hrs for it to show for my refund ,I paid out over £100! And I’ve come home and still no connection and chat bot cannot help,so they owe me £52 and 3 teenagers without internet !

always connects once paid ?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi JoeyTrash90

Our billing cycles are not very flexible, your direct debit is due on the 7th of each month, meaning your bill will be produced on the 1st of each month. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

@JoeyTrash90, no matter what you set it to, it can vary quite a bit every time, due to weekends, bank holidays etc.

This is normal for billing and payments because these organisations don't truly work 24/7.

We can usually do a transaction any day, any time, but the clearing process takes variable amounts of time.

How many times have you shopped or bought petrol and not seen the transaction listed for a few days? Yet sometimes it's immediate. 

The important bit of information that you have missed is this:

Screenshot_20240103-190838_Chrome.jpg

This is from this information page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Change-your-payment-date/ta-p/2204645

This is why you are sent the billing notification email several days before the payment is due, so always read that and ensure that you have funds ready for paying it in good time.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Thank you for this. I managed to get this taken care of. However one small issue remains the same. I specifically requested for my direct debit to come out on the 8th of each more to align with all other bills coming out on my payday. Yet it's displaying as the 9th for it to come out when that's not what I wanted. Being autistic and having mental health issues , if I request something then the least I'd expect is for it to be done properly and as I've asked for please. 

Many thanks and kind regards. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi JoeyTrash90

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Phone support is available till 6pm today, then not till Tuesday, @JoeyTrash90.

Hours for Chat ate more limited than usual but open every day:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Yes, many people have commented on that advertising and, as you say, it would be far better if their rota system covered overnight/weekends/holidays. 

As it stands, the only times there's cover overnight is when Community Stars happen not to be asleep. 

It wouldn't hurt to put in a formal complaint regarding this aspect of support because, I agree, the current promotion of the forum is misleading.

You'll find a link for Complaints at the foot of the page. 

Message 10 of 12

Whilst what you have said does make a little sense , it still doesn't help my predicament that people are off. Companies need a rota system so that those who like me , want to work over Christmas and festive holidays can and should be able to. Unfortunately due to the way of the world these days when people relay on technology and other things being available 24/7 , then Talktalk shouldn't false advertise with around the clock support.  As that implies that there are always staff 'working' that are available. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

You paid by card too close to the Direct Debit date, @JoeyTrash90.

Screenshot_20231229-213853_Chrome.jpg

You'll see it says 3 working days before the DD date.

I tried to move some money between banks on Saturday 23rd and it couldn't be processed till the 27th.

None of 23rd - 26th counted as "working days", @JoeyTrash90 as far as the banking world was concerned, even though they allow payments 24/7.

It might be safer to leave the double payment in place, if at all possible, so that Talktalk's system doesn't generate a charge for a failed DD.

Screenshot_20231229-215159_Chrome.jpg

They could add £12.50 to the next bill.

Staff are not now back till Tuesday  - again we have holidays, so it's best not to try to change things over this weekend as it may be that nothing updates on systems before Tuesday. 

Opening hours for phone  / Chat support meanwhile can be found here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529