cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Compensation

essexbloke
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

From around the 1st February for several weeks we had no service at all, it`s all logged on my previous post, do you think we will ever get some form of compensation ? It would help with the extra mobile data we had to buy. ?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 2 of 17

Thanks for all your help, the email arrived this morning stating that compensation is being paid into our account, it`s a very generous offer and easily covers the extra mobile data that i had to pay.

Thank you very much,

EB

Message 3 of 17

Thank you appreciate that, thanks all for your help 🙂  EB 

Message 4 of 17

Hi essexbloke

Sorry for the delay 

The Auto Compensation claim has now been requested (the delay was caused getting the Openreach reference, apologies for not keeping you updated). Once the investigation is complete you will receive an SMS/Email.

Regards.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 17

Re-escalated for you, @essexbloke.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi, this really is going beyond a joke now, i have been very patient, this fault dragged on for a few weeks, it took a gang of openreach guys several days to fix it, so surely it was logged somewhere, no way did i report it myself, i wouldn`t know even who to ring, it was all done through talk talk if you look at my previous posts........ can someone please reply ?

Thanks, EB

0 Likes

essexbloke
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

Any news yet, it's nearly a week ?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

because its classed as damage to external equipment ie the pole , Openreach are responsible and do take fault reports in that instance

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

That`s really strange, i only reported it through your foreign  agent and on here, i wouldn`t have thought i could report to openreach, this is mega strange, lets hope you get to the bottom of it,

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

I am looking into this, Auto compensation goes off our internal fault reference, there isnt one against your account, , but from your post in the broadband section you reported this to Openreach directly, this is not a problem, I just need to get fault reference from Openreach's system to explain this to the Auto Compensation team.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS ON THIS POST UNLESS YOU ARE TALK TALK ADMIN

Hi, this post has the full story.

No further contact from Open reach ? - Page 2 - TalkTalk Help & Support

Hi, i rang and reported that we were offline on the 1st February , it had all gone off the previous evening due to a car hitting the pole.

Later that day i reported it on here, the previous post to this......titled..... No further contact from openreach...... i think.

We were offline / no phone or broadband for the whole of February to the 1st of March, in fact most of the village was down.

Thanks,

EB

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 17

There should be a record, @Arne-TalkTalk :

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Future-Fibre/No-further-contact-from-Open-reach/td-p/2948269/pag...

@Chris-TalkTalk also had trouble tracking it down: it's FTTP not FTTC.

0 Likes

essexbloke
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

Hi, i rang and reported that we were offline on the 1st February , it had all gone off the previous evening due to a car hitting the pole.

Later that day i reported it on here, the previous post to this......titled..... No further contact from openreach...... i think.

We were offline / no phone or broadband for the whole of February to the 1st of March, in fact most of the village was down.

Thanks,

EB

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

HI essexbloke

When did the service come back on? I cant see any fault logged in our fault management system. 

0 Likes

essexbloke
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Thank you

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

I'll move this to the billing section of the forum for you, @essexbloke.

Details of how compensation is calculated are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

It's generous per day, to cover your extra expenses, so you don't get a separate allowance to cover your mobile bill. It's far more than pro rata what you pay per month.

It does take some time to process and it is just over the month since resolution now.

Staff will reply today or after the Bank Holiday.