cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Contract cut short

MrBear2022
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Last Thursday, in the Email section I posted "I only use my TalkTalk email address for TalkTalk so I can't see my inbox ever filling up however, whether I use webmail (where half the screen is wasted with adverts), Windows Mail under Windows 10 or Mozilla Thunderbird, all I can see is emails from July 2022. This is a problem because I'm trying to trace the correrspondence regarding changing from Fibre 35 (FTTC) to Fibre 65 VoIP. I've just had an email saying I'm about to go out of contract although if I go into My Account it tells me "£7.95 Discount for 18 Months - Fibre 65 ends on 09 Feb 2024"

I therefore have two questions. Firstly, does TalkTalk delete old emails or is this an oddity of Windows Mail using IMAP? Secondly, how do I resolve the confusion regarding my contract and price (My Account seems to be ignoring this year's price increase)?" My old email problem turned out to be a setting with Windows Mail although I still haven't found ther correspondence relevant to bing moved from Fibre 35 to Fibre 65 VoIP. Having looked in My Account today I find that the text cited above in bold has been replaced by "

My package
18 month fixed term contract ends:
18 May 2023
£33.07 £25.12 per month

£7.95 Discount for 18 Months - Fibre 65 ends on
09 Feb 2024

Fibre 65 VoIP
I really would like an explanation for this please.

"

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi MrBear2022

Not sure about the email situation, they may get archived by the mail client you are using.  

In relation to the contract it does expire 18/05/2023, but the discount is applied till  Feb next year meaning you will pay the same price out of contract. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

They are adding the April price increase to your bill, @MrBear2022.

They have applied the CPI+3.7% to your £22.00 and then are showing you that this difference has been applied to the £29.95 total.

From that new total they now deduct the £7.95, to keep the same discount after applying the increase.

The old discount is now applied to the NEW total, after April's price rise.

December 2022: CPI was 10.5%

Talktalk adds 3.7 to that percentage. 

(£22.00 × 14.2) ÷ 100 gives you the price increase.

Staff will be back after the Bank Holiday to clarify further. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes