cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Trying to return my router

Spyder1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

I am no longer a TT customer. I inquired back in march about returning my router and was told I would be sent a returns bag. I did not receive one and now am being chased for it's return but I can find nowhere to get in touch other than here.

Also, did you know that once you are no longer a customer, communications channels eg phoning the 0088 number of trying text etc don't work because you are no longer a customer?

Hope you can help!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi @Spyder1

I have added you to the exemption list, and noted on the account that the equipment has been returned. 

Regards

Message 2 of 11

The actual item is pretty arbitrary, @Spyder1, as sometimes people are sending back one gadget rather than another, etc, when they have had one to test.

The tracking number was on the bar code of the label of the returns bag. That's what shows up on a certificate of posting too, so it is possible for you to trace its time of arrival at Talktalk  using Royal Mail. 

At least it gives customers peace of mind, knowing that it has reached Talktalk, regardless of what muddles are made at that end. Leaves you with more control of the situation. 

Never mind. Arne will be back after the Bank Holiday. 

You shouldn't have to worry  - just the above is the best process if you ever find yourself in a similar situation with any company. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

I have no idea how talk talk router returns process the receipt of returned routers or reconciles routers received with closed accounts. There was no obvious indication on the returns label of which account the router had come from although I suggest they could trace it from the serial number of the router which was quoted in the various "router return reminder" emails I've been sent.

We'll wait and see what happens next!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Did you get a certificate of posting at the Post Office, @Spyder1?

Or make a note of the tracking number? With that you can prove to TT that it's arrived.

They are slow to process the actual record of the returns!

Spyder1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

Thought I'd bring you up to speed!

On Wednesday I dropped the router off at the post office.

This morning I received a second returns bag.

This afternoon I received a second reminder email saying I've still not returned the router!

Oh well!

0 Likes

Spyder1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

I received a returns bag and label today so thanks to all who helped! I also received a confirmation email from customer relations confirming it had been sent to me. Will drop it in the post tomorrow!

Message 8 of 11

Hi @Spyder1

I will request a returns bag to be sent out ASAP. 

Regards.

Spyder1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Tried phoning many times just got bounced off while trying to verify account details. Same happened with TT's messaging service: they directed me to talktalk.co.uk/customerservicehelp. That just bounced me off as well.

I assume this thread has been picked by somebody, because I got an email: "Thank you for contacting TalkTalk Customer Relations"! That was last Friday, so hopefully a returns bag will appear soon!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

@Spyder1, you mean dialling 03451 720088? That should work as normal with any provider to reach Talktalk's support staff - may or may not be included, depending on your phone package.  Outside of boost deals, and when not a Talktalk customer, that number will no longer be free.

No problem getting a returns bag sent. Make sure address details are correct in your community forum profile. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday.