cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Failed direct debit

scott4534
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

I was transferred from Shell broadband. I have been receiving emails about billing etc., and that the first Direct Debit would be taken on 23/8/24. Talktalk have failed to take the payment, and have today emailed me to say it's my fault and I'm being charged a £12.50 admin charge. It seems impossible to talk or chat to any human about it.

Talktalk - fix this or I'm leaving!

21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hahahaha.

> The direct debit is showing as pending meaning we dont have authorization just yet, can't claim a direct debit until it shows as active.

That's not the customer's problem.

> In the meantime we are asking for a one off payment to be made this month.

OK, I'm charging a £125 admin fee to do that. Where do I send the invoice?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

I agree, but the service is still being provided and we are giving you an alternative payment method. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

@Arne-TalkTalk wrote:

The direct debit is showing as pending meaning we dont have authorization just yet, can't claim a direct debit until it shows as active. 

With respect, that's not our problem. Wait until the Direct Debit is active, then take any outstanding payments.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

The direct debit is showing as pending meaning we dont have authorization just yet, can't claim a direct debit until it shows as active. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Why should you insist customers make a one off payment themselves? You have a Direct Debit mandate, just use it!

Poor customer service.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi 

Just to clarify, customers transferred from Shell, and the direct debit has not been setup in time, will NOT be charged any admin fee's  The Shell migration team are aware of this issue and will monitor the accounts,  In the meantime we are asking for a one off payment to be made this month. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

It should be possible to speak to the support team on the phone up until 7pm, @DJKCK, or Live Chat (closes 9pm).

If this is affecting as many customers as it seems, don't bother trying to contact them, you won't get through. It is obviously their error, they can sort it out and give each of us goodwill payments to apologise.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

It should be possible to speak to the support team on the phone up until 7pm, @DJKCK, or Live Chat (closes 9pm).

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Speak to the Shell Migration team, but, basically a one off payment needs to be made this month.

If you have continued problems with this please return to the billing message board and click on Start a Topic to begin your own thread. 

Staff reply to individual customers on unique threads to avoid confusion between accounts etc.

They are on here Monday to Friday daytime, but finished by 5pm.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

DJKCK
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 22

Same for me too. I guess it’s good that so many people are having the problem as Talk Talk will be unable to deny it’s their fault. Somewhat ironic that it’s pretty much impossible to talk to Talk Talk. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Thanks for the email address. I've contacted her and told her I'm charging her £125 for the privilege. 🙂

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

You will NOT be charged the £12.50...

No, they will be paying each of us to apologise for demanding money that we don't owe, for a mistake of their own creation.

The point of posting here isn't to seek help from Talktalk, it is to warn potential customers that they are incompetent. The online chat is useless, probably because every former Shell customer is trying to contact them, and I imagine the phone lines are just as busy.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

@QuietQuiet and @Andyb67 

Speak to the Shell Migration team. 

All details in the thread above. 

If you need further help, start your own threads.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

@scott4534 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Forum staff will not be back on here before Friday, and will probably tell you to do the same thing.....

0 Likes

Andyb67
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 22

Scummy company whom I've got rid of once before, now Shell have bounced me over without any agreement from me. Same issue of failed DD I'm waiting to move elsewhere.  Worst company I've EVER dealt with and also being gouged for £12.50

CEO tristia.harrison@talktalkplc.com

QuietQuiet
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 22

Same here, they failed to take what I owed by DD and instead of discussing it like a reputable company they just charged me £12.50. I'm going to charge them a £125 admin fee.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

Speak to them about it, @scott4534.

Haha, if only that was possible. Any suggestions how to do that?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Speak to them about it, @scott4534.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

If the problems with DD are a result of the move from Shell, this is Talktalk's responsibility. 

You do, meanwhile,  have to make a one off payment (and hopefully they will take it just the once).

Yes, it's obviously Talktalk's problem.

Why do I have to make a one off payment? They've still got the Direct Debit they can use.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 22

@Mum23GM27, @scott4534, @Amacdon,

You will NOT be charged the £12.50...

Talktalk does send out stupid, automated generic emails and has not listened to feedback about this annoying habit.

If the problems with DD are a result of the move from Shell, this is Talktalk's responsibility. 

You do, meanwhile,  have to make a one off payment (and hopefully they will take it just the once).

Any further errors, please start your own thread as staff will only reply to  @scott4534.

To start your own thread, return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

If you wish to use phone support  or Chat, ask to speak to the Shell Migration team.

If money is taken more than once, it can be claimed back via My Account or left there to put towards next month's bill. 

0 Likes

Mum23GM27
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

Ditto! It’s a direct debit…. It’s Talk Talks responsibility to collect this…. Not mine! I’m not paying £12.50 for their mistake. 
As soon as this contract is up …. I’m leaving. Not thrilled at at!!