cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Free Echo Dot - I can't claim without a voucher code which hasn't been sent

StuartH1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I recently signed up to a new contract with the promise of a free Echo Dot. None has been supplied, no voucher or claim code sent. I contacted Customer Services and was told that a 'not received' claim would be raised with Amazon. However, what happened was that I was sent a link to contact Amazon and the link told me "As Amazon despatch all the devices, you'll need to contact Amazon directly "

After spending some time messaging Amazon, they will not help me without the voucher code which I have not received. So, I went back to CS and after an hour managed to 1. get confirmation that I was entitled to an Echo Dot and 2. that a claim for would be raised with Amazon.

However, I have only received another link to the same Amazon page telling me again that "As Amazon despatch all the devices, you'll need to contact Amazon directly "

So, raound in circles, still unresolved and about two hours wasted. It's reached the point where I am ready to give up as it's just not worth the time. This is my last hope. Can anyone help?

My complaint was logged as TalkTalk Case ID: ET-795756

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

@Wanda1, if cookies / cache have been cleared it takes time to track these.

You must start your own thread on the forum so that your replies don't get muddled among those for the original poster on this one.

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic to begin your own thread. 

Staff will respond during the day (Monday to Friday).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Wanda1
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

I am in the exactly same situation. Renewed my contract on 1st May so contacted CS as it has been over 60 days since the start of contract. They keep telling me that I should contact Amazon directly to get the voucher code which isn’t true. I spoke to Amazon and they confirmed that, as per attached,  code can only be generated by Talk Talk. I am very disappointed.

IMG_7785.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I have been checking and nothing received so far.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

HiStuartH1

Have you checked your spam/junkmail folders for an email from Giftcloud? 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

If it's a very recent new contract it takes a while before any chasing up can be done, @StuartH1.

Depending on the voucher it can be anything from c 42  - 90 days.

Staff will follow up during the week  - they are not on here at weekends. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes