cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Home move - installation not completed.

Ltimmins
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Have been with TalkTalk for 8 months now - had to move house so was advised they needed to cancel my contract and begin a new one at the new address. Booked in the install 3 weeks before the move because I WFH and need internet daily. 

Cut off my old service on Thursday night, then on Friday morning the engineer arrives at my new house and says he can’t complete the work as OpenReach need to trim a tree. 

TT online chat told me it was still happening today, and that OpenReach were ‘on their way’. This was a complete lie, and they were not. 

I now have no connection in either my old house or my new one, and no idea when it will be connected after being lied to. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

The next review date for the work to be carried out is 09.08.24 , you should receive an SMS from Openreach. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

@Ltimmins, I'll move this to the billing section, as it's fundamentally about one service stopping and the next one starting etc rather than a fault with the service functioning etc.

Hopefully they will be able to chase up when the tree trimming is to be done.

It won't be possible to restart the old service meanwhile. 

But there is a queue for attention, and no knowing how soon this will be reached. 

I'll flag it to other staff too, in case they can reach this sooner. 

@Debbie-TalkTalk?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Ltimmins
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Please can someone reply to me asap - no one on chat or phone can help me at all and I still have no internet. Support have told me ‘I can see that your services are live’ - HOW?! It’s not been installed!!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Sadly, staff are not back on here before Monday, @Ltimmins.

Your main point of contact is still Chat or phone on Saturday:

03451 720088 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes