cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

I am being wrongly charged for an engineering visit.

JoaoB
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I'm currently experiencing an issue with my bill. My connection has been very slow since the beginning of January for a few weeks, with an internet speed of 0.5 or under, making it nearly impossible to connect before completing stopped working. After contacting customer service in February my landline stopped working too, an engineer was sent to my property and detected a problem outside, around 47 meters away from my property. Despite the first engineer's visit and inability to fix the issue, a team was promised to come and address it. A second engineer visit was arranged, and they fixed the problem outside my property. During the visit, the engineer communicated with TalkTalk about the slow connection issue on my property. Now, TalkTalk is trying to charge me for the engineer visit, falsely claiming the issue was within my property. Despite my attempts to contact customer service, their response has been poor, only stating via email that the issue was within my property. I have evidence from CCTV footage that was connected to mobile data showing the problem was outside my property and the engineer's interaction at my property. The engineer clearly stated visit will not be changed, the problem was outside and not my fault. I'm extremely frustrated with this situation, especially considering I've been a customer since 2008. This level of service is unacceptable. I've been unable to reach a human representative through customer service, and I request someone to call me to discuss this matter.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7

Thank you for you message, my account will be credited £75. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi JoaoB

You have an open complaint , because of this we cant interfere and must leave this to be handled by the complaints team. 

I hope your get the resolution you want. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi @JoaoB it won't be a phone call but the people who work here are excellent and will get you sorted out quickly. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your reply, I hope someone call me. 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi @JoaoB your post has been escalated and you should hear tomorrow. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.