cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

I have been billed even though I’m still waiting for an engineer to install a ONT box in my home

Deemck
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I ordered full fibre only package last month. Told them I needed a ONT box installed but nobody would listen to me. On the 20th oct they said I had gone live it had been done remotely even though I had no enginer visit to install my box. I spoke to talk talk on several occasions and got no we’re.it’s now the 3rd nov and I finally have a engineer app for Monday but I have still been billed for last month even though I’m not up and running. what can I do about this as I’m not going to pay for a service I haven’t been able to use after weeks of telling them and getting nowhere about the missing ONT box if anything I should be compensated as This has been a massive inconvenience for me and my family and the lack of communication from Talk Talk has been shocking and each time I called or messaged via live chat I got passed from piller to post I was ready to. Cancel everything can anyone help me please as I will not be paying these charges for the past month because I haven’t been able to use the services promised to me. Grateful for any advice given Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Deemck

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number or account number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

@Deemck, sorry to see that this has been such a mess.

Staff will address the issue after the weekend. 

By that stage it should be possible to verify whether you have gone live. Keep your Direct Debit in place, to steer clear of any further billing issues.

Staff should be able to look into why you were billed before having an active connection and organise any refund due.

You would need to reclaim the refund via My Account.  It won't go direct to the bank account, but you will use the same details via My Account. 

I'll move this to the billing section for you. 

Please ensure that you have added your account number (where it asks for a landline number) in Personal Information. Go via your avatar/name; settings. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes