cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

I want to turn off Unlimited UK Calls Boost but it is not showing in my Boosts

cmc-01
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I ( a brand new newbie in this community) want to turn off Unlimited UK Calls Boost but it is not showing in my Boosts. As a previous thread but the solution was not made public - at least I couldn't see it, security questions seemed to be involved as well as something called a PM.  

Is this an error that will be remedied? Should I wait until it is fixed? Or do I need the same solution as the previous thread?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Thanks for turning off my Unlimited UK Calls boost.

My thanks to the billing team for getting in touch and explaining the charges. It was my mistake.

Message 3 of 10

Hi @cmc-01 

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thanks for the tip, I've now done this.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

@cmc-01, there's no indication that you have completed your community forum profile details. 

Only you and staff will be able to view the information, but it will save time if you do this now.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; add your Talktalk landline number or account number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Without this information, staff cannot identify your account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

The thread is in the queue for attention, @cmc-01, so just wait now for staff to get back to you. 

My Account has been erratic in the display of the Anytime Calls boost for some time. Remember that if you don't have it, calls @24p per minute mount up rapidly. 

So, investigating why the promised "inclusive" boost wasn't applied correctly might be the priority. 

It may all be in the wording. For example the boost makes calls free for up to an hour at a time, but the boost itself might not be free. 

Current policy is not to make it available fully discounted, but it could be applied half price.

Arne will take a look at that wording and disentangle it for you. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Thanks for moving this to the Billing area.

I still can't remove the boost.

Under Home Phone Calling Boosts it only presents two Boosts to select or de-select ( an International one and a Evening and Weekend one) --- there is no entry for the Unlimited UK Calls Boost so I can't  de-select it.

There are really two issues.

1.  I recently renewed my package and as part of the renewal the Unlimited UK Calls boost was to be free for 2 years, however I see that I have  been billed for the standard amount. I raised this issue through the chatbot so hopefully the Billing team will get in touch.

2.  I decided it would be a good idea to not use the boost but, as described above,  the on-line system is hiding the option from me. 

Therefore I would be grateful if a staff member would help me with issue 2.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

If you still can't remove it, it is a fault in My Account, @cmc-01, and staff will remove it for you.

Security checks are required whether on here or phone /Chat support to ensure that you are who you say you are and the correct account is being modified!

A PM is a private message that would show up as received in the community mailbox. Top right by your image/avatar would show a number if a message has been sent to you on the community. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi,

You should be able to do from this page.

https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/myservices/myservices/view

Hope it works.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes