cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Leaving but. billed for after that.

EveFTTalk
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I am leaving on 3rd Oct, full notice given

I am charged - 

Fast Broadband 23 Sept - 3rd Oct  £7.56 (contract price, £12.08 otherwise)

Fast Broadband 4th Oct - 22nd Oct  £20.10  (out of contract price)

£27.66 total

Can you confirm I'll be refunded for the non-contract price.  [They know i'm leaving 3rd Oct]

I do think if you've given 30 days notice and are out of contract, that you shouldn't be charged for beyond that time.  

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Because the billing cycle will almost certainly be different from the contract period. You pay in advance, so they cannot calculate any refund due until after the cancellation has taken place. 

0 Likes

EveFTTalk
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

I still don't understand why they need to charge me after the cancellation date for post-cancellation services when I have given them full notice.  I am not transferring to another provider but merely ending all services permanently.  Although I have received 2 letter saying I am moving to another provider, which I am not.  They know this, as I have phoned to check..

It might be TalkTalk custom, but to charge out of contract prices for the remainder of the billing cycle when full notice was given  is something that could be improved upon.  Part of my experience with a few providers is why i am moving to SIM only internet on a Pay-as-you go system.  

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

You will continue to be billed in advance on your usual billing date until the cancellation date. Once that goes through you will receive a further bill with any appropriate credit which you can reclaim via My Account. After that, you will receive a final, zero bill. 

0 Likes