cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Migration from Shell

CAROLINE47
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

My mum has been migrated but it won't let her register. We are using the correct new account so I'm assuming Shell have her postcode/name/dob slightly wrong. Help!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi CAROLINE47

The paper bill charge has been removed, There is issues with Direct debits this month , we are asking for a one off payment this month either on the phone or online. 

As the account is now registered for online billing the paper bill charge will not be applied going forward. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

There's been a mess up with the DD for ex-Shell customers. The DD should have switched seamlessly to Talktalk,  but didn't. She will not be charged £12.50, if that's what she is seeing, for a failed DD, as this was Talktalk's responsibility, @CAROLINE47.

If she falls into this category, however, she will need to make a one-off card payment this month instead.

If she has now managed to set up My Account, she has to proactively select online billing (and save this setting), @CAROLINE47. Otherwise the default setting will be a paper bill, and there's a charge for that.

How much exactly is the unexpected extra amount?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi, you are charging for a paper bill, she never had a paper bill before. Please remove this.  Also it says her bill is on DD but you haven't taken the payment.  I tried to email the add account user for myself as per the instructions and just got an auto email saying to call. This has been an utter joke!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi @CAROLINE47

I can confirm that the anytime calls boost is active on the account,  The issue is that the anytime boost is called something different for shell customer and My Account has been updated to reflect this.

I have checked and there are no charges for calls on the account. 

Regards

Message 5 of 14

If the Anytime Calls Boost is supposed to be included, staff can take a look. It is supposed to be a similar package to what she had with Shell.

Tell her not to worry  - any unfair charges will be sorted out once staff get back to this thread (during the week), @CAROLINE47.

Edit: the end of contract date seems to have been in February 2023, so she is now out of contract? Staff can check whether that information is correct too.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

We logged in but the anytime calls are not showing. We had an email saying they were!!  She is very worried as she has been making calls.  Not a good start. Please confirm. 

20240811_165411.jpg

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Thank you, the DOB needs updating ill let you know when its completed

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Added to private notes section.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Hi @CAROLINE47 

Can you add your mums account information to your community profile and I can investigate this 

Thank you.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

@CAROLINE47, you'll need to make sure that your mother's details are known to forum staff.

Please complete your community forum profile details. 

The details in Personal Information should be your own.

At the end of that section, in Private Notes, add your mother's details. SAVE CHANGES. 

You access the relevant area of the forum by going via your avatar  / name; settings; drop down menu.....

More security information may be required unless you have Power of Attorney. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

If she was a previous customer of Talktalk, @CAROLINE47, staff simply need to remove old account details, and then she can register afresh.

Is this the case with your mother?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

A number of people have had similar issues. I have moved this to the Billing section where a member of the support team can assist after they are back online tomorrow. 

0 Likes