Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Email bills

Delta25
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

Hi,
Since February I have not been getting any phone bills from you in my Microsoft Out look account.
Please can you explain why?
There seems to be a lack of other emails to my onetel email account.
I have not changed any settings.
Please reply to my onetel address and my talktalk address.

Cheers

Phil

An expert in nothing!
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Cool. Strange it isn't working?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15
I'm still getting regular updates for it.
An expert in nothing!

Message 3 of 15

From where I looked it said 2025, although mainstream support ended last year.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15
Office 2016 is supported until 2023!
An expert in nothing!

Message 5 of 15

OK. The help was suggesting that using out-of-date mail clients can be problematic. I am sure you will get the best help from @Gondola, as always. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15
If you can't be helpful, don't butt in!
An expert in nothing!

Message 7 of 15
Yes. Do you want a copy?
It's in English, so you might be able to understand it!
An expert in nothing!

Message 8 of 15

Sorry to butt in, but Office 2016, seriously? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

I tried changing the settings.
The talktalk email address showed an error.
Changed it back to the original settings and the test email arrived in my Outlook folder.
When changing the onetel settings the test emails ended up in the talktalk email system which I don't use.
I want all the emails to go to the Outlook folder.
I use Office 2016 pro.

An expert in nothing!
0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Phil

I'm offering you help to get you back on track.

If Outlook is too difficult to change then tell me which version of Outlook you're using and I'll give you step by step instructions. e.g. Outlook 365, 2019, 2016?

But hey, TalkTalk Mail is far easier to use and you just sign in with an Internet browser and all you need is your onetel email address and password, assuming that's where you normally get your billing notifications to?  Did you check MyAccount?

Enter your full email address and your email password, select Sign in.

If you've forgotten the password then use the Forgotten password button in the Help page Changing your email password 

If you don't have password recovery options set up then I can ask TalkTalk to set those up for you with your alternate email address and mobile number.  But that'll be next week.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 11 of 15

Thanks,
It's nice that pensioners are having to try to work out how to change settings that are in a foreign language!
Why did talktalk not think about the consequences when changing things around? 
Or at least run both systems in parallel so non tech oldies still got their emails.
What if one email was about a hospital appointment, or being informed about the loss of a loved one?
Not very good is it?
I know it's not your fault and I'm grateful for the help, but those in charge should be notified about such issues!
Nothing has changed with my account, but it's strange that on 17 March, there was a passsword change request on my onetel account.
I can't think why there would be as all was working well then. 

An expert in nothing!

Message 12 of 15

Has your MyAccount changed?  i.e. the billing email address changed?

Worth logging in to your MyAccount to double check.

Other than that it's possible that you're just using the settings for onetel prior to the migration and upgrade of onetel mailboxes to the TalkTalk Mail platform and the subsequent closure of the infrastructure that was previously hosting the legacy onetel domains.

So, check via the webmail sign in and upgrade the Outlook settings and you'll be back in action and with the benefit of secure onetel email that you didn't have in 2017.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Hi,
There has not been a problem getting the bills to my Outlook account with the onetel email address since it was set up in Sep 2017.
Why should it suddenly change at the same time as your price increases?

An expert in nothing!
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi Phil

You can access your onetel and talktalk mailboxes via TalkTalk Mail webmail.

Enter your full email address and your email password, select Sign in. NB you'll need to sign out to sign in to the other mailbox until you Add an email address to a single sign in.

Looks like you probably need to upgrade the email settings for Outlook and your onetel email address.

The settings for onetel and talktalk emails are in fact identical Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

On updating the email software incoming, outgoing and some advanced server settings, you'll possibly be asked to accept a new certificate (yes, accept) and to enter the email password so have the current password ready. Tick to save the password before entering it.

Supported* email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) or POP3
Username Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP / POP3) 993 / 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing Authentication Required Yes

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.

0 Likes