cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Overcharged by TalkTalk for 5 days already included in final bill from Shell Energy Broadband

Keftedaki
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I was moved over from Shell Energy Broadband.  
I have just double checked my 1st TalkTalk bill and also my final Shell Energy Broadband bill.
I have already paid both bills in full.

I was charged for the days

30/05/2024 - 29/06/2024 by Shell Energy Broadband. 
I have been charged for the days 25/06/2024 - 10/08/2024 by TalkTalk. 

So I have paid for 25 - 29 June 2024 twice, as these days were included in my final Shell bill and then TalkTalk have incorrectly charged me again for those same 5 days. 

I have taken screen shots of both bills and if these are needed as evidence I can send them to an advisor by private message. 

I am also leaving TalkTalk today (22/08/2024) , so it is important that my refund is sorted before my final TalkTalk bill is created.

I’ve already been advised by TalkTalk that there will be a charge of £5.37 for breaking of contract but as I’ve been overcharged for 5 days broadband service (which I’ve already paid for twice) I have calculated that my refund will reduce the breaking contract charge somewhat. 
Please arrange for a credit to my account. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Keftedaki

As Gliwmaeden2 has advised, they shell migration team will raise the credit for the overlapp in bills.

Sorry that you are leaving. 

Keftedaki
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

@Gliwmaeden2 , just realised I didn’t link you to my last comment.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Talktalk would have already instigated the switch, @Keftedaki, but that is not the point.

The point is that you will get a refund for the overlap and the people to speak to are the Shell migration team who are a part of Talktalk customer services. 

Just telling you the right people to speak to. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Keftedaki
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Gliwmaeden2, why do you assume that Shell broadband used the incorrect date and TalkTalk used the correct date? 

TalkTalk emailed me on 26/06/2024 mentioning, in their words, “As we move you over to TalkTalk” and “as we migrate you over to TalkTalk”. They then emailed me on 04/07/2024 saying “Your broadband and phone service has been successfully migrated”.

So, on 26/26/2024, my migration was still in process, yet they’ve charged me from the 25/06/2024, which is the day before that first email, whilst Shell had already billed me up to and including 29/06/2024.

It appears that TalkTalk have used the wrong date for migration on my first bill as Shell had already charged me to 29/06/2024.

Shell had already issued their final bill had on 31/05/2024, whilst the first TalkTalk bill was issued on 11/07/2024 so it appears that TalkTalk made the error with dates as they ignored the dates on the Shell bill that had already been issued and paid in full. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Talktalk automatically charges from the day of a switch / joining  because their systems can't treat those days as "free". The normal bill then covers the full month ahead.

Normally the overpayment would be refunded by the company you are leaving as they owe for the days in which you no longer have a service. 

Obviously it's an odd situation with the takeover from Shell,  @Keftedaki, so the team you need to speak to is the Shell migration team when you phone:

03451 720088 

Lines open at 9am.

Keep your Direct Debit in place until you receive a final bill for £0.00 and also to transfer anything back from My Account that may be due to you after you leave. 

Your post is in the queue for attention.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes