cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Please cancel unwanted fibre upgrade

otter2
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

I'm another customer who has had texts and emails saying a free fibre upgrade has been scheduled, which I did not ask for. In my case it's with cityfibre and is on 25th october.

I would like to cancel this upgrade. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this.

I've not responded to any of the texts, emails or calls. One of the texts said they would cancel the upgrade if I don't respond, so hopefully they will cancel it, but I'm not certain what will happen.

I'm hoping the staff on here may be able to request it to be cancelled. I don't want talktalk or cityfibre wasting resources on unwanted visits etc. I'd much prefer not to have to phone anyone as I don't like using phones, and I shouldn't have to spend my time trying to cancel something I didn't ask for.

(obviously I would like my existing fttc service to continue unaffected).

Hope you may be able to help. Thanks.

(also fyi it's my first time posting here. I have added my talktalk landline number to my profile).

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Morning,

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Arne,

That's good to hear, thank you very much for that.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi @otter2

There was a pending order, I can confirm that it has been cancelled. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Arne,

I've checked all the emails and texts about the upgrade but can't find any mention of an order reference. Just to be clear- I did not order this myself, I just got the messages unexpectedly. Cityfibre are still doing road works in my neighbourhood so I was surprised that they would try to connect me so quickly. But it's possible my particular road is ready slightly earlier than surrounding roads, not sure.

I've copied some excerpts from the initial email I received (on 4th october) in case it gives you any more information:

"We're coming to upgrade your home to Full Fibre broadband. Not only is your upgrade free of charge, but we're also increasing your average speed to 152Mbps. The upgrade to Full Fibre is part of a wider digital broadband switchover happening across the UK, and you'll benefit from a service that is on average more than 2x as fast as your current broadband, and more reliable." ...  "We're coming to upgrade your home on Wed 25 Oct. Your CityFibre engineer will arrive between 8AM - 1PM. Let us know if this date works for you."

I just want a simple way to cancel it. A free upgrade is a good idea in theory, but the way they try to force it and without giving much notice is definitely wrong. Like other customers, I have some concerns about it and I do not want it at this time. I've not responded to any of the messages.

Since then I had another email with the subject line, "Don't lose your Full Fibre broadband upgrade appointment".

Also my latest text yesterday said this:

"Talktalk here. We're sorry that your upgrade to full fibre has been delayed. In order to resolve the issue, our partners Cityfibre need you to provide access to your property. Please respond to this message with three suitable dates (Mon-Fri) after Fri 20th Oct when you are available for an engineer to attend. Thanks."

I could perhaps call the number Keith suggested, but I'm a bit concerned they'll just try to pressure me into the upgrade. I guess my plan is to just keep ignoring the messages and then they'll cancel it. But it's not a great system. Talktalk should give their customers more choice.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi @otter2

Is there an order reference? 

When I check your account it is not showing as in a full fibre area. 

If you can PM me the ref I can check this. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and comment on it for you. However, have you tried calling the number at the bottom of the upgrade email 0345 172 0113, which is open Monday to Saturday 10am to 6.30pm.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes