cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Process of leaving TalkTalk

WayneGP
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi there

My contract is unfortunately coming to an end on 6th January and the renewal package in my account is a significant uplift on the price I am paying just now and also over what I can get in the marketplace.

My query is exactly HOW should I leave TalkTalk - do I simply fill in the request with a new provider and put the date of 7th Jan, or is there a grace period where I can leave anytime in the last month without a penalty from TalkTalk?

I’ve had no issues with the ISP side of the broadband service and have been a member for a few years - this is purely trying to keep my costs under control unfortunately!

If this is better to discuss on a call please let me know - I’ve had issues getting the right department on the phone previously and LiveChat cuts out too frequently to make headway unfortunately so I’m posting in the forums which have always been great.

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

WayneGP
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Thank you to everyone who has helped - so I know now it’s the last 30 days and I am a little too early to make any decision… Good to know.

I will ring the retention team before committing to a new provider

I had received an offer from Sky for a TV bundle with broadband included which looked appealing thus I was investigating it this week. I can hold out for a while longer as I’m not too excited about getting Sky embedded in my life again at this point!

Message 3 of 8

Hi @WayneGP

I would suggest calling the retentions team the online offers through My Account can be bettered over the phone. 

If you do decide to leave contact another provider and ask the to take over your line, as you are not a full fibre customer the process should allow seamless transfer if you do this after the 6th December there is no cancellation fee.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

@WayneGP  & @Divsec, it's cancellation without penalty within the last 30 days - not as much as 6 weeks, therefore.

It all gets complicated these days for timings if moving from copper to Full Fibre etc. Easier just copper to copper.

As end of contract doesn't necessarily match a billing cycle, there can be a bill that wanders into the full price for a few days, and then it all has to be sorted out in the next bill anyway. Every which way, it's a bit more raggy than switching eg energy suppliers.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi @WayneGP don't give up on Tt just yet. Try the retentions tea.m😀

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

WayneGP
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thanks @Divsec - I similarly thought there would be a period at the end I could leave without penalty. Will go through paperwork tomorrow. I did see on Sky website that they can deal with the TalkTalk cancellation process if you move to them - presumably all non-Virgin ISP’s are the same. Saves me a call potentially 🙂

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @WayneGP we are unfortunately in exactly the same situation, and considering the same options. Let me first assure you that your post has been escalated and you should hear soon.

1. The next thing is to suggest a call to the retentions team (loyalty) 03451720088 they are very helpful and can find good deals.
  2. Check your contract details, mine makes me think the account renewal offer is incorrect.
  3. Finally I've been trying to find the precise cancellation rules but believe (which means not sure) cancellation is without penalty in the final 6 weeks. 

Good luck, however it goes,  I'll be watching with interest. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes